Afellay signs for Schalke on loan

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Schalke have pulled off a major coup on transfer deadline day by signing Dutch winger Ibrahim Afellay on a season-long loan deal from Spanish giants FC Barcelona.

s04_afellay_628.jpg

Dutch international winger joined FC Barcelona from PSV Eindhoven in January 2011 but his progress was hindered by a serious knee ligament injury and first-team opportunities have been hard to come by at the Camp Nou.

Schalke head coach Huub Stevens knows Afellay well having managed him as a youngster at PSV in the 2009/09 season. The 58-year-old spoke of his excitement at being reunited with a player who 'can play in various positions on the pitch.' Afellay has accumulated 41 caps for the Dutch national team since making his debut in March 2007.

impeh

Hi, its me..
goodluck to him! :wave:

hopefully he'll have an injury free season and get a lot of playing time.

and style on arsenal :blush:

P

PhilS

Good luck to Ibi in the Bundesliga. Now there is room on the first team to promote Tello. I hope Fontas finds a home before the end of the day.

F

Flavia

Good luck to him. I hope he becomes a started there, and have a great year before coming back. I dont think there's a option to buy on the agreement, is there?

cloned warrior

thank you for your brillant cross V Moudrid and that recent goal. good luck for the future and hope you score goals lots of them!!

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Now he'll start games and hopefully we'll get a good price for him at the end of the loan.

Onuphrius

Really cant understand why we loaned him out. He is miles better than Tello. And also much more versatile. I fear we are going to regret this. He would have been superb squad member and rotation player.

However. In Tito we trust!

tello

Both Asesix and Tello are well above Ibi !
Let's hope Ibi will do just fine there but I really didn't understood why the club didn't just sold him for good...

Home of Barca Fans