Super Cup venue and rules changed by RFEF

El Gato

Villarato!
I thought that was an important info so I'll post it big.

-------------------------

kazdywswojastrone.jpg

AS.com informs that yesterday's meeting of Barcelona and Real Madrid's presidents was more than just a pre-match routine. They have also been talking with the main man of Spanish Federation Villar. Both teams are highly disappointed in RFEF's decision whic was that from the next year on the Spanish Super Cup will be held in China. Nothing can be done about it. Federation have come to an agreement of scheduling a single match of the Super Copa in China from 2013 instead of 2 legs in Spain. Real Madrid and Barcelona are against it, but a paper signed during RFEF's gathering obliges them to submit to the situation. Chances to turn things around are very small.

So yesterday was most likely the last time we have seen a return leg of the Spanish Super Cup. From next year on we will have one match held in China.

Last edited:

PieWie

this is horrible, i mean most of the money comes from Asia (China) but,

1st. - so 1 team will play a home game and the other home game is in China = not fair
2nd. - i thought that the games at 22:30 were late enough but this means it will be played at day? or at night? = less (European & spanish) viewers...

so this is the Spanish supercup, but in a couple of yours it will be the Chinese Spanish supercup?!

El Gato

Villarato!
1st. - so 1 team will play a home game and the other home game is in China = not fair

There will be only one game in the Super Cup. There won't be two games like we have seen up until now.

I'm pretty sure it's what is going on with Italian Super Cup, no?

Amir1983

What is this, the super cup will now always be played at China?
If they wanted a one game only match for the super cup then it should be at a neutral venue in Spain.

Galning

:lol: then just don't play the Supercopa? What kind of bs is this? It's a Spanish competition, it should be played in Spain. As someone already said let's just move the entire competition to China.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think this totally devalues the competition... I mean, it has attracted more attenttion in recent years only because it's been between Barca and RM, but let's be honest, if it was Valencia vs. Getafe no fucks would be given outside of Spain... As it seems, the little value that was left in the competition has been thrown to the toilet in exchange for money, and it will become just a friendly summer championship in the vein of Bernabeu and Gamper trophies...

JackaL

I think this totally devalues the competition... I mean, it has attracted more attenttion in recent years only because it's been between Barca and RM, but let's be honest, if it was Valencia vs. Getafe no fucks would be given outside of Spain... As it seems, the little value that was left in the competition has been thrown to the toilet in exchange for money, and it will become just a friendly summer championship in the vein of Bernabeu and Gamper trophies...

This is the outcome of having 2 big teams selling their TV rights for themselves and the rest of the teams sharing the cake. The reason why after 1. and 2. La Liga ranks the third one is 30 points away. This doesn't make the other teams weaker, we have seen them in Europe and they were pretty good, but it has to stop. Over the long run it will fuck up the Liga if it hasn't already fucked it up somehow. If there's no competition, nobody wants to play anymore. Too bad for the other teams, as if Barca and Madrid wouldn't have enough financial power, they even get a lot lot more of the entire TV money cake.

As you said, the Supercopa was held between the two, the 2010/2011 season saw a lot of Clasicos in the CL, the Copa and the Liga. The federation must therefore take it for granted that they want to gain some extra money by overselling the shit out of el clasicos. As a protest, I would send the B teams, see what they will do against it.

Spector

I've just checked the calendar: it doesn't say April 1st. Yet I still can't believe this. When would it be played?

Home of Barca Fans