Vilanova proud of his players

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tito Vilanova's thought after SuperCopa defeat

“Throughout the first minutes of the game Madrid created chances thanks to either our defensive errors or by using long balls, and they scored twice. This is the proudest I’ve been of my players, they played the whole second half down a man, and in the second half we created up to five very clear chances to score against an opponent that didn’t leave their own half of the pitch.”

“It’s clear that we would have preferred to win, but - as I said before the match - that this game wouldn’t determine the rest of our season. There’s a lot left. This will continue, and on Sunday we have to play in La Liga.”

“Despite the risk, we kept on attacking. We went out against Real Madrid like we always do, on the attack. They scored two goals because of our defensive errors. I don’t believe that we were inferior. They were on target and they scored. But I’m sticking with the positive things, with the way we played in the second half and with how we created chances.”

“I knew that he (Mourinho) was going to try to win the game. We went down to 10 men with a lot of time left on the clock, at the Bernabéu ... We held out and we created five very clear chances to score, but it wasn’t meant to be.”

PieWie

well im not so proud of you Vilanova, putting a left back/midfielder at right back? along with the horrible substitutes as well...

karthik

well im not so proud of you Vilanova, putting a left back/midfielder at right back? along with the horrible substitutes as well...

Adriano has played Right back for Seville. Horrible substitutes,? He brought on Montoya, Teyyo and Song and all were logical. Only three substitutions are available you see.

Jelboo

If you look at all 180 minutes, we deserve the cup. But the first half in Bernabeu was simply horrible. It's a miracle we didn't go into halftime with a 5-0 scoreline. I've seen hundreds of our games and I've practically never seen us look so powerless, clumsy and uninspired. :/

Home of Barca Fans