Puyol out with cheekbone fracture

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Medical tests confirmed that Carles Puyol sustained fractured cheekbone during the match in Pamplona.

Barca captain will undergo further medical tests on Monday to determine the extent of the injury.

2012-08-26_OSASUNA-BARCELONA_19.v1346010341.JPG

Puyol broke his cheekbone when he collided with Lamah in one of the last plays of the match but still stayed on to play and finish the game.

aki13

Thats a shame.

It means a Pique Masch partnership on Weds and now we may see Song slightly more often.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He could be out for 3-4 weeks. At least internationals are next so he'll miss minimum La Liga action.

King Leo

Banned
I think Tito had already planed on playing Pique and Masch on Wednesday so Puyol's absence should be covered well especially when the WC qualifiers are on the way. Glad we got song in time.

oggmar

First off lets hope for a quick recovery and second of all it was an ugly ugly elbow that should've rendered in a red card imo, without any doubt a yellow atleast and the fact that lamah had already seen yellow before he should have been sent off.

gazza

I agree Oggmar that for me was a straight red .... disgraceful elbow !!! why the officials didn't see i don't no.

P

PhilS

Pique and Masch can play every game for a while. I don't know if Tito will be willing to go deaper on the depth chart to give them a break.

Home of Barca Fans