Real Madrid Castilla

Trickykid

It's not at all unrelated. Media and forums were all over Asensio first and Ceballos being the new Iniesta. That went well...

Honestly, the place where I've seen most people overrating the new, young Spanish RM signings is right here on the Barcaforum. Not by the few RM supporters, though, but by Barça fans.

Most madridistas seem to have a more reasonable outlook.

serghei

Honestly, the place where I've seen most people overrating the new, young Spanish RM signings is right here on the Barcaforum. Not by the few RM supporters, though, but by Barça fans.

Most madridistas seem to have a more reasonable outlook.

Madrid media is just as Catalan media. There's not much difference. Made of the same cloth. Fans all over the world overrate the new talents and comparing them to the greats way too soon. Asensio, Ceballos, and most others that were compared with Iniesta don't have 10% of his on field intelligence, nor they will ever have.

It was the same with Barca fans, I agree with this. Some even said Oliver Torres is the new Xavi or something. Or Montoya the next Alves. But Madrid fans & media aren't strangers of this for sure.

Trickykid

Madrid media is just as Catalan media. There's not much difference. Made of the same cloth. Fans all over the world overrate the new talents and comparing them to the greats way too soon. Asensio, Ceballos, and most others that were compared with Iniesta don't have 10% of his on field intelligence, nor they will ever have.

It was the same with Barca fans, I agree with this. Some even said Oliver Torres is the new Xavi or something. Or Montoya the next Alves. But Madrid fans & media aren't strangers of this for sure.
No doubt.
Barça fans in here just love to praise RM business in order to shit on our own board, coach and players, though.

El Gato

Villarato!
Fans all over the world overrate the new talents and comparing them to the greats way too soon. Asensio, Ceballos, and most others that were compared with Iniesta don't have 10% of his on field intelligence, nor they will ever have.

Please provide some evidence for any predictions made by the media of either of them being the next-Iniesta that are worth damning.

"nor will they ever have" :lol:

Joan

Yet here we are with half of the fanbase calling Arthur the new Xavi while he'll never have tenth of his creativity, most likely. Works both ways.

serghei

Please provide some evidence for any predictions made by the media of either of them being the next-Iniesta that are worth damning.

"nor will they ever have" :lol:

You seriously expect me to do a dedicated research on this subject and spoon fed you some sources? :lol: Not a chance.

Yet here we are with half of the fanbase calling Arthur the new Xavi while he'll never have tenth of his creativity, most likely. Works both ways.

The difference is Arthur dominated Modric and Kroos in a manita clasico win and Ceballos was nowhere to be seen rubbing the bench. Arthur is a cut above Madrid's youngsters and his similarity in style with Xavi has been spotted by those close to the team, including Messi I believe.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Aye aye. Much love. Save this post until we come back here in 5 years to discuss this and find Cules still moaning :p

KingLeo10

sorry man, I like your posts usually but this is exaggeration central. :lol:

maybe if arthur had been here for a couple years and wasn't showing creative flair then we could say this.

Joan

The difference is Arthur dominated Modric and Kroos in a manita clasico win and Ceballos was nowhere to be seen rubbing the bench. Arthur is a cut above Madrid's youngsters and his similarity in style with Xavi has been spotted by those close to the team, including Messi I believe.
You'd have a point if he wasn't nicknamed the next Xavi (or the next Iniesta, even) before coming to Barca and dominating Modric and Kroos in a manita Clasico win among other things he's done since then. Overrating youngsters is the most natural thing one can do.

So is making fun of other fanbases' mad illusions. :lol: Don't know why Wolfe jumped at it. It's not like Ceballos is rubbing our noses in not getting him.

sorry man, I like your posts usually but this is exaggeration central. :lol:

maybe if arthur had been here for a couple years and wasn't showing creative flair then we could say this.
I'll give you that, wanted the sentence to stay relatively similar.

El Gato

Villarato!
So is making fun of other fanbases' mad illusions. :lol: Don't know why Wolfe jumped at it. It's not like Ceballos is rubbing our noses in not getting him.

It's just somewhat confusing those natural impulses people have. Is news of every youngster transfer going to be met with something along the lines of "oh, look at Madrid, how desperate are they to get this new Suarez, eh"? Lol. I suppose I took the bait for no reason, guilty as charged. Don't know if it excuses this weird compulsion to draw a reaction, but hey, what do I know...

Home of Barca Fans