Real Madrid Castilla

WallBreaker

M7_20130328_1317_Top10Footb.jpg

Madrid also has the most youth players in Spanish U teams.

In 13/14 the estimated castilla players to be part of the madrid squad are about 6.

Casillas,Lopez,Arbeloa,Carvajal,Jese,Morata.

Callejon probably leaving.

Barcafan 2304

How many get a chance in the first team though? I dont dispute that they have more players in the youth sides for spain but not many will go on and have a career in the real madrid full side

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Jese will probably leave as well. He's growing tired of not being appreciated while Madrid always go off looking to sign guys like Isco, Bale, Cavani, etc. Even Morata might get frustrated if Cavani is signed and he never gets to play.

WallBreaker

Whether they will star for the first team will depend on many factors including their quality.

one thing is certain. There is sometimes a misconception about La Fabrica not being efficient enough when producing talent, when in fact madrid over the years have continued to produce plenty, and if anything it is the culture of perez that has arrived to madrid that has greatly affected the amount of fabrica products from joining the first team such as juan mata, soldado, borja valero, etc.

For anyone with time and interest heres a good article about why its so hard for la fabrica players to join first team, goes beyond the quality of the players in many ways.

http://therealmadridzone.blogspot.com/2013/06/real-madrids-la-fabrica-what-you-might_13.html

Zidane has told perez that morata and jese should stay.

Zidane will be 2nd coach in 13/14 meaning they will get some time. But seeing them go on deals like Carvajal wouldnt be too surprising.

But if anything, La Fabrica continues to do a good job. And its also a nice thing to see past players like Ruben De La Red and Fernando Morientes as youth team coaches.

Also Nine of our youth team groups won their leagues in 12/13.

And Real Madrid Castilla ended on top of Fc Barcelona in the league, in their first year.

A good performance but it will be MUCH harder without cheryshev, morata, jese, etc.

Last edited:

WallBreaker

@ Shandy http://www.marca.com/2013/06/09/futbol/cantera/1370770984.html

Let me add though that They are counting U19,U20 and U21.

They might have not counted some other U's for their own reasoning but in either case, Atletico seems to be about the 3rd best system in spain but considering their overall rankings in several youth allocations, i say Barcelona and Madrid are still almost without a doubt the most productive systems for the U teams on all levels.

Also just for fun ill post a team made out of la fabrica players that i could see finishing 3rd in la liga and in the CL under a good manager.

Casillas
Carvajal Marco Alonso Nacho Arbeloa

Borja Valero Javi Garcia

Jose Callejon Juan Mata Jese

Roberto Soldado

Subs: Diego Lopez, Alvaro Arbeloa(if not put at lb), Ruben De La Red ( if he was still fine), Esteban Granero, Dani Parejo, Esteban Cambiasso, Alvaro Negredo, and Alvaro Morata.

Id probably buy a cb and a left back out of castilla although im sure im missing some worthy players here or there since this is a pretty fast line up.

Only Barcelona, Dortmund and Ajax are either as good or better when it comes to youth starting 11's as a whole.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Some may have got through but for every one that comes tgrough the system at Madrid there sre s whole bundle who are discarded and the intrinsic reason for that is the galactico mentality. Madrid will always look to splash the cash before promoting youth

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not every player who's been in Real Madrid's academy spent much time there, so it's not like they can all be credited as "Madrid's product" considering that most of their youth and senior development happened away from Madrid.

JamDav1982

Not every player who's been in Real Madrid's academy spent much time there, so it's not like they can all be credited as "Madrid's product" considering that most of their youth and senior development happened away from Madrid.

To be fair the likes of Pedro and Busquets will be counted for Barca it works both ways.

WallBreaker

95 percent of all the players i mentioned in my lineup for example spent at the very least the 3 years during the ages of 15-21 as a cantera.

CIES mentions that as the benchmark and i agree.

Based on those stats and realities, Real Madrid's La Fabrica has done one hell of a job on all fronts.

@ Stoke, like i mentioned earlier, Perez is a cancer, but saying "madrid will always...blah blah blah" is incorrect.

Specially when Manolo Sanchis has already given strong reason to believe that he will try to bring an organization like bayern munich's to the club ( the club will be run by player legends such as sanchis and hierro.)

Perez leaves at 2017, after that, the favorites to become president are Martinez Bravo, and A Sanchis styled project.

Things will change drastically as both those promise ideas of a "correct" club that perez has never shown.

Barcafan 2304

Is it incorrect? I think not. Madrid will always look to buy first and the galsctico mentality prevails. A kid coming through the ranks there has to be something really special if he is to make it to the first team

WallBreaker

Realistically it is incorrect Stoke.

Its true that the pressure for Madrid to win everything will always be there, but its almost impossible to do worst than what Perez has done for a decade now.

Eugenio Martinez Bravo, and the Sanchis Committee idea are the two favorites, only reason they didnt run for president is because Sanchis and his group are not ready yet, and because Martinez Bravo had no where near the funding needed. ( Perez made it harder for people to run for president with his bullshit rules.)

Both those "favorite" proposals have clearly identified Things like youth development and integration to be primal, and for a modern, progressive, long term idea to be brought to the bernabeu.

They want Madrid to play the attacking football madrid was always known for, with a modern long term twist to it.

If you understand spanish here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTl65JGDIZk

They hate perez so much, that Martinez Bravo usually attacks perez in the socio meetings, while sanchis and hierro for example have decided not to have a spec of a relationship with Perez.

Things will most likely change, stoke.

These guys would never do this bullsht perez has done in the past like firing Del Bosque, pellegrini, or Contracting people like bale or mourinho.

They promise long term plans, spanish player focus, and youth team focus. ( and they show they stick by their ideals because of their quite public disspraise of perez.)

They might actually team up, Bravo is about 43 years old i believe, and Sanchis has said hed like to bring a bayern munich like structure, but has made it seem like it doesnt nessecarily mean he will be the president.

Bravo + Sanchis, Hierro, and etc, and i run around naked for a whole year lol.

To be realistic, This is Perez's last term, he leaves in 4 years, and if Sanchis/Hierro run, NO ONE will beat them.

It would be like Puyol and Pique running in the future as a committee to run barcelona and losing to joe smoes who promise nothing.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Perez is the chief advocate of the galactico philosophy for sure but a change of president wont mean a change of philosophy. Madrid have not got the patience to cultivate and bring through youngsters into the first team. They will always seek to buy anyone with a name and spend big. Do you really think anyone running madrid will have the patience to build something along the barca la masia model with the aim of bringing through a set of youngsters together to be the spine of a succesful future first team? The philosophy is in evidence now. Reaction to barca success? Spend spend spend as much as is possible and it is the philosophy of the club, not just to be attributed solely to perez. Thats just to convenient and simplistic

Home of Barca Fans