Super Copa: post match reactions

Galning

Interviews:

Pedro: "If we could have scored 4th, it really would have been a good result. We've to play a great game at the Bernabeu to win the trophy."

Pedro: "I'm happy with the win. Maybe we deserved one more goal but in general, I'm satisfied with our game."

Pique: "In the end, it might be better to go there with 3-2, so we'll be better focused. If we play like tonight, we have a good chance."

Pique: "We felt great, proud of our game. Think we deserved more, we needed a lot of chances to score, they scored from their only chances."

Vilanova: "Does it surprise me Mourinho is again complaining about the referee? No, that doesn't surprise me."

Vilanova: "Pique went forward a lot this game? It's part of his game, I don't think he did it more than in the past."

Vilanova: "Madrid got a too big reward for the way they played? No, they have talented players, they can score from few chances."

Vilanova: "Talked with Valdes after game? I didn't, but there's nothing to talk. He has given us a lot the past years, he should continue."

Vilanova: "Of course, this result isn't decisive, for none of the teams. Tie is till completely open, certainly against a team like Madrid"

Vilanova: "4-1 was close, it became 3-2, that's football, it can happen. But I stick with how we played. Now off to the Bernabeu

Alves: "In the end happy, we played a great game. We might have deserved more, but the result is what it is. Madrid have quality players."

Mascherano: "Could have a bitter taste because the win could have been bigger, but you play against a great team like Madrid, a win is good"

Twitter:

Cuenca: "Nothing's decided but the way my mates played was spectacular! Winning counted and we did it with a great game. Visca el Barça!"

Bartra: "Another great win in a clasico! Good night to all!

Tello: "Happy with the win and with the chance to play a great game like this one! Proud of my team. Força Barça!"

Alves: "Great win, great job today!! We hope to be at this level in the return game!! Have a beautiful night all!!"

Thiago: "What a show! Great football! Good result with an eye on the return at the Bernabeu. Now focus on Osasuna. Good night people!!!"

Mascherano: "Good job by the team and a good win. Now there's the return next week. Have a good night."

Pedro: "Happy for the win and the way of playing of the team. Greetings to all."

Fontàs: "One more time! What a great game, what a great team! Congrats, guys!"

Iniesta: "Happy for the win, the feeling and our game! Now we have to go to the Bernabeu, still 90 minutes left!

Barcelona-Beat-Real-Madrid-3-2-in-supercopa-first-leg.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx mate.

I like how all reactions from our players are positive and enthousiastic. Unlike some of our own, eh?

King Leo

Banned
Well, the Bernabeu is our Second home ground isn't it? ;)

the 2nd leg will have one of two outcomes.
A. we lose, they celebrate and we move on.
B. we win after things get aggressive and ugly. They had now lost to Getafe and lost to Barca on their own turf.

I don't know how madrid will take the losses one after the other without some drama.

F

Flavia

Quotes from the 2nd leg(barcastuff):

Xavi: "We went into the game badly. Alves got injured last minute, Alba had to play almost without warming up. The mistakes have cost us."
Xavi: "In the end we leave with a good feeling, could have won with 10 players. You can only congratulate Madrid with the Super Cup."

Vilanova: "First of all, congratulations to Madrid for winning the Super Cup."
Vilanova: "This is probably one of the days I'm most proud of the players. With 10 men, at the Bernabeu, we had 5 good chances."
Vilanova: "Alves didn't feel good during the warming up, the doctors thought there was a quite high risk he would get injured."
Vilanova: "Song coming on for Busquets? Wanted to keep Xavi on the pitch, and Sergio looked tired. Song played well, he helped the team."

Busquets: "We could have won, but football is about goals, and they scored more than us. They scored two fast goals on counter-attack."

Pedro: "You always have a bad feeling when you lose a cup, but we leave satisfied with how we got back into the game."

Iniesta: "Difficult start, hope we can learn something from it, we'll stick with how we've tried until the end. Congrats to the champion."

jairzinho

Tough loss. The red card complicated things, our plans, tactics. everything planned during training leading up to the match went up in smoke after Adriano was sent off.

F

Flavia

Xavi: “We could have won the Super Cup”
IGNASI MASSAFRET08/30/2012 02:00
After the match, the Azulgrana midfielder said that "we could have won the Super Cup but we paid dearly for the two errors at the start of the match"

"The red card really hurt us, but despite playing with 10 men we played a good game of football and we created enough chances to win the title"
The FC Barcelona vice-captain, Xavi Hernández, who played the entire match at the Santiago Bernabéu, said that the “two errors and the red card” were key in his team’s defeat this evening.

On the other hand, Barça’s number 6 noted that “we bounced back well and we could have won the Super Cup. We kept on playing football and we were true to our style of play despite playing down a man. In the second half we created enough chances to win the title.”

On the immediate future, Xavi explained that “we lost a title but there are more important ones still in play, now we have to change our mentality and think about the Liga match this Sunday.”

Sergio Busquets:

“I’m upset that we were better both in the away leg and in the return leg. Despite playing with 10 players, we had more chances to score.”

“Madrid took advantage of two counter attacks, that’s where they can hurt you, and they scored two goals.”

“I’m very proud of my team-mates, when things aren’t going well, like today, they always go forward but it wasn’t meant to be despite the fact that we created chances.”

“We left the impression that we’re a strong team and that we can play good games and win a lot of titles.”

“I think we were the better side and we have to focus on the positive aspects of the game, on Sunday we have a Liga match; we’re leaders and this isn’t going to stop.”

“The substitution is normal, I didn’t have a full pre-season and it’s always noticeable when you don’t have sufficient preparation.”

“I think Song played well, he’s a great player, we knew he was before he came - he played a good game.”

“This Sunday against Valencia we’ll go out to win the match, we’re leaders in the Liga and I hope we can maintain the top spot.”

Piqué:

“They were very strong, they scored two goals and we went down to 10 men. But we played a fantastic second half.”

“We have to improve how we start matches, but playing like we did with 10 men in this stadium is commendable.”

“Madrid won the title with the 20 minutes of good play they had in the away and return leg, I congratulate them.”

“We had our chances in front of Casillas despite being a man down and we dominated ... I’m sticking with the way we played in the second half.”

Pedro:

“They started off very strong and they took the lead, it’s very difficult to fight back at this stadium especially if you’re playing a man down. We fought and we created chances, but it wasn’t meant to be.”

“Alves was an important absence for us but any Barça player plays well wherever he plays.”

“We had a couple of good chances to equalise, but we weren’t lucky enough in from of goal like we have been in the past. It’s time to congratulate Madrid on their victory.”

Iniesta:

“The two goals really and the red card really hurt us. It’s not easy to play with 10 men here, but either side could have won the title tonight.”

“We should never talk about personal errors, it’s always about the collective. You pay dearly for errors when you play against a team that are so good on the counter like Madrid.”

“It’s not easy to lose a match, but it’s true that the second half, playing with 10 men, was ours. I congratulate Real Madrid for the title, but we aren’t ever going to give up.”

Home of Barca Fans