Super Cup: Barca - Real 3-2

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona came from behind to beat Real Madrid 3-2 in the opening leg of the Spanish Super Cup, giving Barca manager, Tito Vilanova a victory in his first match as head coach in El Clasico.

4_20120823170007729_600_400.JPG

Cristiano Ronaldo headed Madrid in front in the 55th minute, only for Barca to equalize on the very next possession through Pedro Rodriguez.

Sergio Ramos tripped Andres Iniesta to set up Lionel Messi's 70th-minute penalty, before Iniesta fed Xavi Hernandez in the 78th to make it 3-1 in front of 91,728 spectators.

Substitute Angel Di Maria jumped on goalkeeper Victor Valdes' horrendous error to score in the 85th Madrid to head into the return leg next Thursday with two away goals.

impeh

Hi, its me..
entertaining thats for sure!

and yeh, a win in Titos first classico. Bring on next week :barca scarf:

jairzinho

Someone remind me how this aggregate works again. Will a 1-0 win be sufficient for us. What about 0-0 after 90 mins. ?

M

Messi+Eto

Beauty to behold, that game was. . . I learnt a few things too. . .

1, :iniesta: is eternally magical

2, :alves: is still the best RB in the world

3, :messi: has lost form a tiny little bit

4, :pedro: has still got it.

5, :xavi: is still the boss.

6, :busquets: is arguably the best DM in the world, but needs to learn how to jump!

7, :pique: is BACK!

8, :mascherano: had an amazing game but we missed :puyol:

9, And as for :alexis: . . . . Well he had another TERRIBLY HORRIBLE game, reminded me of the Chelsea champions league horror.

10, We have a capable LB in Alba/Adriano or hopefully :abidal:

11, :valdes:. . . . . . . . (Honestly, I don't know what to say ANYMORE)

Last edited:

King Leo

Banned
11, :valdes:. . . . . . . . (Honestly, I don't know what to say ANYMORE)

I tell you what to say: "F...ing idiot!" should be hanged for that over confidant play. Madrid were not at their best. we will see a much stronger Madrid at the Bernabeu I promise you that and while we could have wrapped this whole thing in few minutes and possibly could have scored a fourth, there comes Valdes and makes an a total idiot out of himself. I don't understand, Mascherano, pique and Alves try everything they got to save his ass and he ruins their work in a matter of seconds. The fuckup in last year's classico was far more forgivable than yesterday's. Not because we came back to get the 3 points but because it was a mistake and mistakes happen. Yesterday was a whole another issue. He chose to play the ball with over confidence after we started to dominate the game. I hate him so much . I don't think I hated any of our players in the past as much as I hate VV right now. What pisses me off even more is that he wins a Zamora every year for the hard work of others. Pinto would win it as well if he had Puyol, Mascherano, pique in front of him. VV needs some major saves to gain the respect of the fans back.

Last edited:

BigBarcaBoy

I tell you what to say: "F...ing idiot!" should be hanged for that over confidant play. Madrid were not at their best. we will see a much stronger Madrid at the Bernabeu I promise you that and while we could have wrapped this whole thing in few minutes and possibly could have scored a fourth, there comes Valdes and makes an a total idiot out of himself. I don't understand, Mascherano, pique and Alves try everything they got to save his ass and he ruins their work in a matter of seconds. The fuckup in last year's classico was far more forgivable than yesterday's. Not because we came back to get the 3 points but because it was a mistake and mistakes happen. Yesterday was a whole another issue. He chose to play the ball with over confidence after started to dominate. I hate him so much. I don't think I hated any of our players in the past as much as I hate VV right now. What pisses me off even more is that he wins a Zamora every year for the hard work of others. Pinto would win it as well is he had Puyol, Mascherano, pique in front of him. VV needs some major saves to gain the respect of the fans back.

Hate is a very strong emotion and i'm not sure if it appropriate at all, he fucked up big style although if it had been down the other end it would have been given as a foul. VV will bounce back and needs our support not abuse.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
One thing I noticed is that seems Tito told the team to take more long shots.

King Leo

Banned
One thing I noticed is that seems Tito told the team to take more long shots.

I noticed that as well and Mascherano had only one miss. Mascherano keeps getting better. He's working on his skills. Can't wait to see him score his first goal in Barca

cloned warrior

we bossed them in the 1st half!! just need to take the complacency from our game!! next game will not be similar as they will come out pressing us higher from the start!!

P

PhilS

RM was dominated quite thoroughly, which bodes well for the next game. It was a gift that Di Maria did not start, he is incredible against Barca. Holding CR7 to only one goal is a job well done. Barca could have had more, better finishing will probably be necessary next week if Pepe is back, there will be fewer chances.

RM did a fine job on Messi, this time the rest of the attackers came through to compensate. Pedro and Villa will be as good this year as they were the year before last, and now they have much better replacements so they can keep fresh all year. Is Pedro the best defensive forward in the world?

I would not trade VV for any other goalie, he is the best for this team. I'm already trying to forget that howler, VV deserves perspective considering his superb record.

Barcafire

Someone remind me how this aggregate works again. Will a 1-0 win be sufficient for us. What about 0-0 after 90 mins. ?

If @ Bernabeu:

Any tie: Real Madrid 0-0 (1-1, 2-2) Barcelona : We win

Real Madrid 1 - 0 Barcelona : Tied on goals, but they win because they scored 2 in our home (which is why the vv goal giveaway was so bad)

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Barcelona : We win, because we have more goals overall

Real Madrid 3 - 2 : Overtime or penalty kicks

So forth...

Home of Barca Fans