Dries Mertens

BerkeleyBernie

Hazard might be a waste playing CAM, he needs the spaces and Mertens is having one hell of a season at CAM. He played there most of the time when Hamsik was injured a couple of months ago and he was great.

I haven't watched many full Napoli matches, didn't realize he'd been moved to the middle. That's great. I always thought he'd be good there, as he has great vision and passing, just thought he'd never get the chance.

pEllee

See my post above yours. His "inconsistency" has more to do with the team he's on than himself. He'd do great on Barça, but there's no need for him with Neymar, Pedro, and Sanchez.

Look forward to seeing him this summer. If Hazard starts in a CAM role, then Mertens might start on the wing.

Well, to a certain extent perhaps. I actually agree with you that Napoli used to struggle a lot and had obvious problems at bringing the ball forward. Behrami and Inler are both below average in possession and none of their central defenders are good at bringing the ball forward either. Albiol usually tries to play long passes into wide areas but they are rarely successful.

That's where Jorginho enters the picture. What a brilliant player that is! Constantly plays passes straight into the attackers feet and has improved Napoli so much. Also, I'd say that Napoli's entire front three is pretty good and creative. Even Higuain has a creative side to him.

They only look clueless when they are without Jorginho and when they have to break down teams that sit deep. Inler and the other scrubs just aren't good enough.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans