JDS wants to stay, says agent

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Spanish newspaper Estadio Deportivo reported yesterday that FC Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova is willing to let Jonathan Dos Santos leave on a loan.

The paper added that Barca agreed a loan deal with Sevilla but the player was not keen on the move.

JONATHAN-DOS-SANTOS-900x500.jpg

Jonatahn's representatve, Vicente Montes, said that Jonathan was determined not to hurt his career by leaving FC Barcelona after seeing his brother, Giovani, suffer after leaving Camp Nou.

"Jonathan's brother left Barcelona for another team and he saw how that went." "He is confident he will get to play for Barcelona. He has two years of his contract left and he wants to stay at the best team in the world. He is confident he can compete at Barcelona. He has reached that decision himself. He has confidence in his own ability."
"He has to think about where he could go and he must remember Gio's case," he said. "The moment he left Barcelona for Tottenham was when he began to lose form. That has been the only place he had problems. He has succeeded with every other team."

Leo10Messi

I guess there is no harm in him spending a season on loan somewhere if he is not keen to leave the club. I don't see him getting any chance in the first team this season.

F

Flavia

Big mistake if he stays... Playing time on loan won't hurt him. Being on the bench the whole season, on the other hand... He won't get playing time at Barça this season.

Jadentheman

Join up with your bro at Sevilla Jonathan. then come back next season as a 1st team player. Don't be afellay

desoe

He knows that he's never going to come back, if he leaves on loan.

Accepting a loan is like entering a black hole for Barca players. They're getting lost forever.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
I don't know what to think. I mean he didn't go to the olympics since he wanted to have a good preseason with The first team.. :(

Idk just idk..

jairzinho

If the kid wants to stay, let him stay. I always get the feeling Jonathon is going to be a late bloomer, don't know why.

Ursegor

World Champion
He's a very talented player. Last season against Sociedad he was pinging passes left and right. Was a MOTM-esque performance. So he has the ability. He's not exactly a Barcelona player however. He plays the deepest role in a midfield 3 (which is a problem itself with Busquets being around for another 10 years) without being a "real" defensive midfielder who anticipates and brakes up play early (his height is also a problem in that particular position, especially for Barcelona). He rather gets stuck in with a tackle. And he's a fan of long balls rather than short passes. His style resembles Paul Scholes IMO. Even if he doesn't turn out to become a Barcelona quality player (which is an extreme standard one must admit), he is potentially not inferior to the likes of Cleverley or Joe Allen who are getting hyped up in England right now. Not at all. If he gets the trust from a good manager, he can become a € 25 million player at some point. In England he'd be one of the biggest talents right now. Sevilla are clever. They know Barca won't want him back because he won't become good enough for the Barca midfield but good enough for any other team.

Edman

It would've been a very different story for him if barça hadn't signed Song. Now he has, in my opinion, very little decision time about something very important concerning his future. He should play first division somewhere but he might be afraid of losing the club he loves so much.

F

Flavia

Seems he decided not to go...

Mexican midfielder Jonathan dos Santos has decided not to accept any of the loan offers he got and to stay at Barcelona this season. [espn]
Via barcastuuf.

Bad decision. Playing time would be good for him.

Ender

Seems he decided not to go...

Mexican midfielder Jonathan dos Santos has decided not to accept any of the loan offers he got and to stay at Barcelona this season. [espn]
Via barcastuuf.

Bad decision. Playing time would be good for him.
Agreed. Hopefully he'll wise up in time for the January transfer window.

Home of Barca Fans