best bench in the world?

lega

hi there

we all know that one of the barcas biggest problems for years was weak bench. but i think we had a drastical change when it comes to this, in that measure that we can say barca has the best bench not only in la liga but worldwide, and by big margin. our substitutes make team that would be top5 material in liga. i believe this could be our edge over madrid this season

pinto
montoya-masch-bartra-adriano
thiago-song-cesc
pedro(sanchez)-affelay-tello

discuss

jamrock

they use to but not anymore.Kaka :lol:
cesc is a bench player in a 433.
think this is the best squad we have had in a long time

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Cesc is a bench player on any world class team.

And sorry, Madrid's bench is better. Barca has zero defense and goal scoring depth.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I thought he was behind Varane and Carvalho, but I could be wrong since watching Madrid puts me to sleep.

Trickykid

I thought he was behind Varane and Carvalho, but I could be wrong since watching Madrid puts me to sleep.

I have no idea either, but I'm pretty sure old man Carvalho is last in the pecking order now, which makes Albiol either 3rd or 4th choice. I don't see it as stronger than ours in any case.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
550x-awesome-bench.jpg

/thread

P

PhilS

And Cuenca. Exactly who the starter are is not the point, the point is that this type of quality is in reserve.

This is the type of quality depth you need to be the favorites to win Liga, CL, and Copa.

Tembbi

I don't rate our bench very highly. The bench is way too inexperienced. It's alright when you have to use 2-3 sub guys max.

If we had to bench vs bench actually quite many teams would probably beat us because individual skill is not really what matters.

Better than Madrid's? I hate to say this but that's a joke.

----------------Adan-----------------
Albiol----Carvalho---Varane----Marcelo
-------------Khedira------------------
-------Modric--------Sahin-----------
---Callejon---------------Kaka--------
--------------Benzema-----------------

Seriously, this bench would be world's top 10 teams.... So, get real.

This is based on their Valencia starting line up.

----------------Casillas-----------------
Arbeloa----Pepe-------Ramos---Coentrao
----------Lass--------Alonso-----------
----------------Ozil--------------------
Di Maria-------------------------Ronaldo
----------------Higuain-----------------

Even if they switched Lass -> Modric their bench would remain way too strong for any other bench in the world to beat.

Barca's bench would probably get beaten by at least Chelsea and City bench, being the first ones to come in mind.

Trickykid

When did Real sign Modric? If (when) they do, Sahin won't be there anymore.
Your point still stands of course, but let's not overdo it.

Tembbi

Actually, most likely Sahin will but Kaka won't. If Mourinho can sell or lend Kaka somewhere, he will do it.

Edit: Even without Modric or Lass, place Granero there and it's still by far the world's best bench.

M

mitkoa7x

Having players like Benzema and Higuain on the bench beats having Cuenca and Tello any day.

Also Cuntejon :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans