Miguel Pérez Cuesta(Michu)

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
After beginning with local Real Oviedo in the lower leagues, Michu moved to Celta de Vigo B in Segunda División B in 2007. Midway through 2007–08, he received his maiden first-team callup, finishing the season in the starting XI of the Segunda División outfit.

In mid-January 2010, a transfer to La Liga with Sporting de Gijón, in order to replace Birmingham City-bound Míchel, was almost arranged, but it eventually fell through and Michu stayed at Celta.[1]

In his last two second level seasons combined, Michu scored 12 goals for the Galicians. On 8 June 2011, after helping the club to the sixth position in the regular season, he scored the game's only goal in the first leg of the promotion playoffs against Granada CF, at home;[2] in the second leg, however, he missed his penalty shootout attempt and Celta was eliminated (4–5).

RayoOn 27 July 2011, after his contract with Celta expired, Michu signed a two-year deal with Rayo Vallecano, freshly promoted to the top division.[3] He made his debut in the competition on 28 August in a 1–1 away draw against Athletic Bilbao.

In his first season, Michu was one of the best national scorers (joint-ninth overall, best in the midfielder position), notably netting braces against Real Sociedad (4–0 home win),[5] Racing de Santander (4–2, home) and CA Osasuna (6–0, home),[7] plus a sterile one at Real Madrid (2–6 away loss).

Swansea CityOn 20 July 2012, Michu joined English Premier League side Swansea City for a 'bargain' fee of £2 million, signing a three-year contract.[9] Following the departure of Gylfi Sigurdsson, the Welsh side were looking for someone to fill the gap behind the striker in their 4–2–3–1 formation.[10]. On his Premier League debut, he scored two goals against QPR and became the first player to score in the 2012/13 Barclays Premier League season, as Swansea ran out to a 5-0 victory.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Dear Moderators, are you going to be consistent & delete this thread like you did the Anita thread?

Anita is full Dutch international and 2 time Eredivise Champion and certainly not an unknown player.

Michu has not even won a 1st division league and not even made his international debut. something Anita has achieved.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

He was one of the best players in La Liga and the revelation of the season

Anita was one of the best players in Eredivisie and vital to Ajax winning the title. Ajax fans and Dutch posters who contributed to the thread before it was deleted said as much.

I know who Michu is, otherwise he wouldn't be in my fantasy team.

If he was such a well known revelation why was there no thread on him here until today, when he played in the same league as Barca?

Last edited:

RedMadridista

The Troll Hunter
Anita was one of the best players in Eredivisie and vital to Ajax winning the title. Ajax fans and Dutch posters who contributed to the thread before it was deleted said as much.

If he was such a well known revelation why was there no thread on him here until today, when he played in the same league as Barca?

Michu could easily walk into Newcastle's starting 11. That's how good he is. #fact

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

there wasn't even one about Cazorla... and I'm not sure if there are threads about Fabiano and Navas (although there might be)

Hatem Ben Arfa

there wasn't even one about Cazorla... and I'm not sure if there are threads about Fabiano and Navas (although there might be)

so why delete the Anita one, that was my point. He's a full Holland international, won the Dutch League title 2 seasons in a row and was vital in Ajax winning the league, especially when played in his best position as a CDM. There were plenty of conversations going on in the thread with the Dutch posters of the forum and they were happy to discuss him as a player. Only after a week, when he transfers from Ajax to Newcastle does the thread get deleted. Reason being space needed on the forum and 'unknown' players. If he was unknown 4 Dutch posters would not have replied talking about him as a player.

I am the one who started the Cazorla thread. Perhaps that should be deleted too to save space.

Either way I have made it clear all threads that I have started have my blessing to be deleted by the moderators if they are lacking in space for the forum and want to reduce the post count. HBA, Cisse threads can be deleted if that is the case, and I suggested others to be deleted if there is going to be any consistency in the suggestions thread.

Last edited:

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
HBA actually makes a point. Hmmm let's see ima start making threads about Moreno, Vela , Guardado, Ochoa etc lets see what happens ! Lol

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Will all due respect, Anita isn't Navas or Cazorla... And Anita's thread getting deleted doesn't mean you have to question every other thread here... Michu scored 15 league goals last year, and that as a midfielder.

X

xaviniesta

HBA actually makes a point. Hmmm let's see ima start making threads about Moreno, Vela , Guardado, Ochoa etc lets see what happens ! Lol

only one of those deserves a thread is memo :worthy:

Hatem Ben Arfa

Will all due respect, Anita isn't Navas or Cazorla... And Anita's thread getting deleted doesn't mean you have to question every other thread here... Michu scored 15 league goals last year, and that as a midfielder.

I already know how many goals he scored last season.

I will question the other threads using the same reason I was given for the Anita thread being deleted. Him being 'unknown' (Clearly is not otherwise there would not have been all the replies from the Dutch posters) and space being needed on the forum and Hamazah & co. crying about him becoming a Newcastle player.

If it had been Michu Newcastle signed instead of Anita, the Michu thread would still have been deleted. There was no problem with the thread and people having conversations about the player until he signed for Newcastle a week later. If that is how the moderators want to be because 2 posters cry about a Newcastle player having a thread, I will say again.......they have my blessing to delete all the player threads that I have started, especially the Newcastle player threads, including Newcastle player threads that I did not start along with other 'unknown' players. I would delete the threads I started myself but I am unable to.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans