Do you approve signing Song for 20 mil.?

Song for 20 mil?

• Yes

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 56.3%

• Total voters
F

Flavia

yes.

Getting a versatile player who can play in both the CB as well as DM positions would be the best possible scenario. That is the only way we can give chances to the youngsters (Bartra and Fontas) as well as have a back-up ready to step in case of emergencies. You get another good CD and you are limiting the chances of youngsters. We have Pique the star, Masch who earned his spot and an undisputable starter in Puyi when he's available. Adding another CD to them would more or less kill the chances of the youngsters.

That is the reason I always supported signing Javi Martinez(CB, DM) more than Thiago Silva... or Sakho(CB, LB) when we still didn't sign Alba

And you also have to remember our success rate in signing a CD who suited our style in the recent past... Dima, Caceres, Milito, Henrique(not given his chances), etc.
That doesn't make much sense. It doesn't matter if Song is a dm, if you think he's going to primarily play as a cb, that is already killing any chance bartra or fontas would have. I don't see a place for him, except to be Busquets backup, since we already have too many midfielders. I just wonder if he is ok with that.

tello

Song is definitely a top midfielder on Arsenal and Premiere League!
Thus, the succes of this signing depennds exclusively on how he'll adapt to Barca and how Tito will play him!

I personally love his assiting vision and execution. When I saw Song's last season's magnificent assist against Liverpool I new that player should and must fit to Barca someday !

zanela

I can't believe the things i'm reading here. Song's "worldclass", "seasoned", attributing his lapses to the manager's "incompetency"...
2ymsrol.gif

I'm in agreement with Deco20 and Flavia. His arrival only hinders and limits the chances of our youngsters in midfield and defence. And if we were merely looking at a Busi back-up, there were cheaper and more experienced options. I don't approve of this signing. Go away, Alex. Not interested in your Song.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I can't believe the things i'm reading here. Song's "worldclass", "seasoned", attributing his lapses to the manager's "incompetency"...
2ymsrol.gif

I'm in agreement with Deco20 and Flavia. His arrival only hinders and limits the chances of our youngsters in midfield and defence. And if we were merely looking at a Busi back-up, there were cheaper and more experienced options. I don't approve of this signing. Go away, Alex. Not interested in your Song.
You will sure hear the song more often than you would like to missy... only, it is not going to be 'The same old song'

Last edited:

oz187

Perfect signing. He provides cover for Busi, so we don't have to mess around with taking Masch out of the back line. He provides a 4th choice CB in case there's a couple of injuries there. And he provides the option of playing alongside Busi in difficult away games.

Ursegor

World Champion
No. I'm honestly baffled, can't see why we signed him.

Maybe someone can offer me a plausible explanation...

Pique's replacement as centreback. And one step closer to have a team consisting of 11 midfielders.

Iniesta Cesc Messi
Thiago Xavi
Sergio
Alba Mascherano Song Alves​

Would be hilarious tbf. Our backline would have more ballplaying skills than most Premier League frontlines.

Home of Barca Fans