Do you approve signing Song for 20 mil.?

Song for 20 mil?

• Yes

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 56.3%

• Total voters

Vegy

20mil for a player who is strong, fast, has a great vision and technique, can play at several positions and is still quite young is a good deal, no doubt about it.

It's amazing how many people underestimate this kid.

Ketoth

Song would be great for Barcelona. He'd fit like a hand in a glove. He's a defensive master, he can be quick, he's strong, agile. He can do all sorts of passes. Our highest number of assists last season, beautiful assists by the way. Rarely gets injured.

Zinnedine Song:
644620afjw1dnekofy21cg.gif

X

xaviniesta

the gif you just posted... the reality behind this is that he tries that every game and it works out like once in 50 times, other times he is justg a waste of possession.

MaestroXavi

The servant
Personally I think Song can be a great player and an amazing one to help against park buses since he has excellent vision and a great workrate,not to mention he's a DM so goals like the one against Chelsea (Torres') won't be conceded as often because lets face it,that's one of the reasons we didn't win last season.
btw Bayern payed the 40 million for Javi Martinez :lol::lol: I know everyone knows but I didn't get to laugh about it

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Personally I think Song can be a great player and an amazing one to help against park buses since he has excellent vision and a great workrate,not to mention he's a DM so goals like the one against Chelsea (Torres') won't be conceded as often because lets face it,that's one of the reasons we didn't win last season
Don't you think the goal Torres scored was more due to us throwing everyone forward during the last minutes... Torres and Valdes were the only ones on our side of the pitch

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I like this signing. We are getting a WC, versatile and a seasoned player for really cheap price(just look at the other transfers that happened this summer).

I believe he would be primarily played as a CB, mostly as a back-up for Gerard Pique. He'd make a damn good partnership with both Puyi/Masch. And he'd be a back-up for Busi of course.

Regarding his positioning errors, it is mostly down to his mentality as well as Wenger's incompetency. When he comes here, he'd soon realise how inferior his passing is compared to the likes of Xaviniesta and would rather just mind his own business. Hell Busi does that, and his passing is far far better than Song's!!
And he of course adds the steel to our team.
Also he's not as slow as he seems, he's more of a lethargic player. But if he's just a back-up trying to cement his place in the first team I don't think he'd be as lazy as he used to be at Arsenal.

If he didn't settle, he's definitely got the re-sale value and there would be numerous suitors. So all in all it is definitely not a bad signing

F

Flavia

I believe he would be primarily played as a CB, mostly as a back-up for Gerard Pique. He'd make a damn good partnership with both Puyi/Masch. And he'd be a back-up for Busi of course.
So, you're saying Tito is getting a dm to be primarily a backup cb, instead of getting a cb?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So, you're saying Tito is getting a dm to be primarily a backup cb, instead of getting a cb?
yes.

Getting a versatile player who can play in both the CB as well as DM positions would be the best possible scenario. That is the only way we can give chances to the youngsters (Bartra and Fontas) as well as have a back-up ready to step in case of emergencies. You get another good CD and you are limiting the chances of youngsters. We have Pique the star, Masch who earned his spot and an undisputable starter in Puyi when he's available. Adding another CD to them would more or less kill the chances of the youngsters.

That is the reason I always supported signing Javi Martinez(CB, DM) more than Thiago Silva... or Sakho(CB, LB) when we still didn't sign Alba

And you also have to remember our success rate in signing a CD who suited our style in the recent past... Dima, Caceres, Milito, Henrique(not given his chances), etc.

desoe

the gif you just posted... the reality behind this is that he tries that every game and it works out like once in 50 times, other times he is justg a waste of possession.

And why is Wenger there for? Just standing over that bench and killing time? If Tito says "don't do it", he won't do it. If he continues to do it, his head is gonna fly. It's really that simple.

If everyone talks about how undicsiplined Song was, then we should think about what exactly Wenger did to help him for all those years.

Home of Barca Fans