FC Barcelona B

Porque

To be fair to Bartra, he was a better player than Cuenca at the same age. Bartra was always the standout CB throughout the Spain youth categories up to U21. If Cuenca can have his sort of career then he has done great.

As for Pimienta, he has brought alot of clarity to the teams play. Rivera is actually performing the duties o his role, not losing possession as much and dribbling like a headless chicken. Thats just one example.

He is not perfect, his substitutions are a tad too late week after week, but his goal is to stay up at all costs.

If by some miracle the team stays up then hopefully he can find the right balance between youth and experience next year.

God Serena

No one said Bartra was good enough to be a starter in first team.

Neither did I?

Not even sure what point you are trying to make now but dont seem to bothered about trying to give youngsters minutes as wont become first teamn starters anyway is what it sounds like.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about. I just don't think Cuenca is very good.

What youngsters are you excited about that guarantee more than that?

Alena and possibly Oriol Busquets.

God Serena

You gtee those two will establish themselves as starters for Barca?

Lets see.

Eh, being a greater influence on the team than Bartra doesn't necessarily mean they'll become starters, but I do expect that from at least Alena. As far as Busquets goes it's down to how he develops but I do believe it to be possible.

JamDav1982

Eh, being a greater influence on the team than Bartra doesn't necessarily mean they'll become starters, but I do expect that from at least Alena. As far as Busquets goes it's down to how he develops but I do believe it to be possible.

So what is difference between likes of Cuenca and what you seen from Palencia last season when screaming for him to be given a chance?

Your argument against Cuenca seems to be you dont care if he plays as can only ever see him as 'Bartra standard' at best.

Yet will shout for others that you dont seem to expect much more from.

Last edited:

God Serena

So what is difference between likes of Cuenca and what you seen from Palencia last season when screaming for him to be given a chance?

Your argument against Cuenca seems to be you dont care if he plays as can only ever see him as 'Bartra standard' at best.

Yet will shout for others that you dont seem to expect much more from.

My opinions on what players are good enough to be given chances has changed significantly since last season and I haven't been shy about saying that. Palencia last season wasn't showing enough to be first team quality, and if he had the Segunda wouldn't have been such a difficult step up for him.

If Cuenca turns out to be at the same level as Bartra he'll have matched my maximum expectations for him. That in of itself is already extremely unlikely, as most youth players don't come close to that.

The only player I have shouted for to get minutes from the B team is Alena. He is the sole player I have asked for, and his potential is infinitely larger than Cuenca's...

JamDav1982

My opinions on what players are good enough to be given chances has changed significantly since last season and I haven't been shy about saying that. Palencia last season wasn't showing enough to be first team quality, and if he had the Segunda wouldn't have been such a difficult step up for him.

If Cuenca turns out to be at the same level as Bartra he'll have matched my maximum expectations for him. That in of itself is already extremely unlikely, as most youth players don't come close to that.

The only player I have shouted for to get minutes from the B team is Alena. He is the sole player I have asked for, and his potential is infinitely larger than Cuenca's...

Still cant get why you dont care about trying to play likes of Cuenca in B tean as think he wont be better than Bartra.

By that standard cant really moan about any of them not being given a game unless think gteed to have long first team careers in first team which chances are wont.

While last season went on and on about likes of Palencia who never looked even likely to be good enough.

God Serena

Still cant get why you dont care about trying to play likes of Cuenca in B tean as think he wont be better than Bartra.

Sorry, what? I never said anything like that. I was just happy to see Tarin getting some minutes and took note that his re-addition to the lineup led to a strong defensive performance.

By that standard cant really moan about any of them not being given a game unless think gteed to have long first team careers in first team which chances are wont.

I'm genuinely puzzled by what you're on about.

While last season went on and on about likes of Palencia who never looked even likely to be good enough.

Yes, my mentality about youth players was wrong last season, and I was very wrong about Palencia. Not sure why you need to keep mentioning that.

JamDav1982

Your basic point about Cuenca not playing is that he is poor and has not chance whatsoever of making first team.

So not too fussed if he plays or not for B team.

God Serena

Your basic point about Cuenca not playing is that he is poor and has not chance whatsoever of making first team.

So not too fussed if he plays or not for B team.

No it's not. I was literally talking about exactly one game. And Cuenca was brought up by you, not me.

Not even sure what point you're trying to argue. I don't rate Cuenca, and I don't see him making the first team. Whether he plays or not for Barca B means nothing to me as there are no better prospects in that position currently.

JamDav1982

No it's not. I was literally talking about exactly one game. And Cuenca was brought up by you, not me.

Not even sure what point you're trying to argue. I don't rate Cuenca, and I don't see him making the first team. Whether he plays or not for Barca B means nothing to me as there are no better prospects in that position currently.

Thats my point you dont care if he plays for B team or not which is strange but each to their own.

You back some strange players then dont seem to care about actual prospects.

God Serena

Thats my point you dont care if he plays for B team or not which is strange but each to their own.

You back some strange players then dont seem to care about actual prospects.

Why should I care about whether or not Cuenca plays? Play our best players for the position. As of now it looks as if Tarin is that player. If Cuenca had the first team potential you seem to think he has he should easily be better than Rodri. You don't see Alena or Busquets (Prior to injury) getting outshone by their competitors for the same position.

I only back Alena and Busquets. How it's possible you consider them "strange" and think of Cuenca as an "Actual prospect" in comparison to them is beyond me.

Home of Barca Fans