User Tag List

Page 399 of 399 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399
Results 5,971 to 5,981 of 5981

Thread: FC Barcelona B

  1. #5971
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't watch the whole match, only the last 15 minutes.

    How would you rate new guys?
    McGuane?
    Rivera?
    ... also,
    Cuenca?
    Alenya?
    Cucurella? Thought he was really good last match.

    Glad Nahuel is doing well.

  2. #5972
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nahuel - MOTM for me. Great second half, made the passes Alena made count.
    Alena - 2nd best player on the pitch, constant danger for the opponent. His first touch and decision making are a bit off sometimes.
    Cuenca - Good game, miles better than Martinez.
    Cucurella - Good in every game I watched, but he still needs some development. Could be our starting LB in the A team someday.
    McGuane - OK game. Nothing special.

    Rivera - Absolute dogshite of a player. Was a passenger the whole game. 90% of his passes were to David Costas, who also needed to act as some kind of deep playmaker, because of Rivera's inability. One of the worst 3 players on the pitch together with Palencia and Varo. McGuane, Costas and De Gallaretta all suffered because of him.

  3. #5973
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBfan22 View Post
    Alena - 2nd best player on the pitch, constant danger for the opponent. His first touch and decision making are a bit off sometimes.
    It often is. Last match, that loss, he was the best player on the ball and was driving things forward.

    But the problem was he never really fought for the ball, he never went for it. Was it the same this time?
    I won't quote Cruijff now as his positioning is usually good, he's intelligent enough to be often available to receive the ball.

    Sometimes, I feel he could make it big here, but he needs to improve on some aspects of the game, keeping the ball, for instance.
    Cuenca - Good game, miles better than Martinez.
    Why was Martinez taken off? Wasn't an injury, according to Sofa.

    Read somewhere you haven't been watching Barca B for some time. Have you seen his game vs. Albacete? He was a please to watch, some brilliant passes, line-breaking playing from the back.

    Here's the link.
    Cucurella - Good in every game I watched, but he still needs some development. Could be our starting LB in the A team someday.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Joan Laporta; 18th February 2018 at 11:43 PM.

  4. #5974
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,700
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have watched last week's game and this week's. Before that, I haven't watched Barca B in a long time.

    Martinez was awful last week, he was better this week, but still not as good as Quenca, who came on at halftime. Still need to see more of him, but so far, he hasn't impressed me.

    The worst 2 players who have been dogshite in both games are Rivera and Varo, both of whom should be shipped out ASAP.

  5. #5975
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    10,451
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rivera was frustrating to watch as he did fuck all for the most part.

    He didn't bother helping build from the back and it forced Costas and Martinez in the first half to long ball it and it also effected De Gallaretta and McGuane who at times had to drop deeper and get the ball at times.

    And even worse was his defensive duties as a DM, they were non existent. He always seemed to be out of position or slow getting back when we were getting countered forcing Costas and Martinez/Cuenca under massive pressure.

    Honestly he reminds me of a worse version of Gumbau. Sure Gumbau, wasn't the greatest and obviously became a meme in the Barca fanbase, but you have to admit he worked hard and contributed a goal here and there and fought for the shirt.

    Should just play McGuane as a DM, he would probably do a better job.

  6. #5976
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,883
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticvarium View Post
    Yeah like for 2 mins?
    And there weren't really any delays during the game.
    Refs add 30 seconds for every substitution. There were 5 subs in 2nd half (Cuenca came on at HT) and they usually also add 30 seconds for every goal (celebrations). So there you have 3 minutes and when you add Varo's injury it's easy 5 minutes.

  7. #5977
    Member
    tacticvarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No extra time doesn't work like that. There are just numerous games that there were no extra time even when both teams used all their substitutions.

  8. #5978
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,629
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Refs add 30 seconds for every substitution. There were 5 subs in 2nd half (Cuenca came on at HT) and they usually also add 30 seconds for every goal (celebrations). So there you have 3 minutes and when you add Varo's injury it's easy 5 minutes.
    You know, I've been reffing since I was a child, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this and I strongly suspect it's just speculation on your part. That's... not how extra time works.

  9. #5979
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    7,773
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    You know, I've been reffing since I was a child, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this and I strongly suspect it's just speculation on your part. That's... not how extra time works.
    Seem there is some truth in it tbh
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.aa2c53bef45f
    Any events that the referee deems to be taking up extra stoppage time can be timed and added to stoppage time. FIFA’s further instructions on Law 7 add a little bit of precision. Normal stoppages for throw-ins or corner kicks are not to be considered as part of the referee’s calculation, unless of course the referee deems the players to have wasted time. Substitutions, goals and cards are usually expected to count for 30 seconds of added time, but this is no more than a vague “best practices” guideline. When a penalty shot in awarded in stoppage time, typically enough further time is added to allow the penalty to be taken, as happened in the Ghana-Uruguay quarterfinal match in the 2010 World Cup.

  10. #5980
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,629
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Well at least I know he got it from somewhere, but in practice that just doesn't happen. Even in leagues I work where the same substitution rules as the professional game apply I was never actually told anything about this. If both teams use all their subs and there are 4 cards in the second half that's 5 minutes extra time just by itself, and that's not even counting for time wasting, injuries, ejections, etc. and if there were more than a couple of goals scored... yeah, good luck. I don't think I've ever added extra time because of a goal or a sub unless the game is extremely close and one of the coaches complain.

  11. #5981
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,944
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    Well at least I know he got it from somewhere, but in practice that just doesn't happen. Even in leagues I work where the same substitution rules as the professional game apply I was never actually told anything about this. If both teams use all their subs and there are 4 cards in the second half that's 5 minutes extra time just by itself, and that's not even counting for time wasting, injuries, ejections, etc. and if there were more than a couple of goals scored... yeah, good luck. I don't think I've ever added extra time because of a goal or a sub unless the game is extremely close and one of the coaches complain.
    It is used as a guideline in a lot of the big leagues.

    Talk about it all the time for games on tv here.