FC Barcelona B

Messi983

Transfer plans for the last day of transfer window according to Sport

- Gabriel Novaes is going on loan to Cordoba who is also playing in Segunda B but not in the same group as Barça B
- Van Beijnen will leave on loan to Tercera division
- McGuane will sign on loan for Telstar (Netherlands 2nd Div.)
- Vilarrasa's contract could be rescinded once we sign a new LB Sergio Akieme from Rayo V.
- Abel Ruiz is staying at least until January

So squad will look something like this

Pena /S. Puig
Morer/Jaime - Araujo/Chumi - Cuenca/Mingueza - Akieme/Jaime
Puig/Collado-Monchu/Sarsanedas-Reis/Orellana
Collado/Saverio-Ruiz/Marques-Abe/Saverio

We're a bit thin at both winger positions right now but Fati will return to Barça B in a few weeks while Perez could stay with the first team so juvenil players De La Fuente and Mortimer could also get some minutes during the season.

I'm also sure Illaix will get a chance sooner or later though we are pretty good covered in midfield.

khaled_a_d

Transfer plans for the last day of transfer window according to Sport

- Gabriel Novaes is going on loan to Cordoba who is also playing in Segunda B but not in the same group as Barça B
- Van Beijnen will leave on loan to Tercera division
- McGuane will sign on loan for Telstar (Netherlands 2nd Div.)
- Vilarrasa's contract could be rescinded once we sign a new LB Sergio Akieme from Rayo V.
- Abel Ruiz is staying at least until January

So squad will look something like this

Pena /S. Puig
Morer/Jaime - Araujo/Chumi - Cuenca/Mingueza - Akieme/Jaime
Puig/Collado-Monchu/Sarsanedas-Reis/Orellana
Collado/Saverio-Ruiz/Marques-Abe/Saverio

We're a bit thin at both winger positions right now but Fati will return to Barça B in a few weeks while Perez could stay with the first team so juvenil players De La Fuente and Mortimer could also get some minutes during the season.

I'm also sure Illaix will get a chance sooner or later though we are pretty good covered in midfield.

What are we going to do with Lazar? I know he is injured but I still think he has potential

Messi983

What are we going to do with Lazar? I know he is injured but I still think he has potential

Don't know, we'll see when he'll return.

But from what I've seen our most talented GK is probably Arnau Tenas.

Also, Akieme has signed with Barça B for 2+2 years, his clause is 40m.

[tw]1168558607316729859[/tw]

Last edited:

xXKonan

B team just cannot see the game out it seems.

Just always conceding some cheap goals at the last possible moments.

Porque

Kike Saverin always impresses me when I watch the B team. Not sure why he hasn't feature more over the past few seasons.

Leo_Messi

I am fully in favor of Pimienta's football philosophy and treating Barça B as a developing team first and foremost, rather than results being everything, but our tendency to throw away games after leading is getting on my nerves.

It is the same story again and again. We dominate almost all aspects of the game and yet concede absolutely silly and preventable goals due to defensive blunders.

Segunda División is probably only second to the Championship in terms of level of second league's in the world so being a regular feature in that league is in many ways an unrealistic goal. However I would to see the managers of the youth teams focus more on the defensive aspect of the game. It has been ages since a local La Masia CB talent (genuine world class) emerged. Not a coincidence IMO.

Lastly, it is absolutely criminal that Puig is wasting his time in the third division. Beyond belief actually. Too good for that level. Was already evident last season.

raki

I am fully in favor of Pimienta's football philosophy and treating Barça B as a developing team first and foremost, rather than results being everything, but our tendency to throw away games after leading is getting on my nerves.

It is the same story again and again. We dominate almost all aspects of the game and yet concede absolutely silly and preventable goals due to defensive blunders.

Segunda División is probably only second to the Championship in terms of level of second league's in the world so being a regular feature in that league is in many ways an unrealistic goal. However I would to see the managers of the youth teams focus more on the defensive aspect of the game. It has been ages since a local La Masia CB talent (genuine world class) emerged. Not a coincidence IMO.

Lastly, it is absolutely criminal that Puig is wasting his time in the third division. Beyond belief actually. Too good for that level. Was already evident last season.

Eric Garcia is very good but he left to City

khaled_a_d

Eric Garcia is very good but he left to City

He moved away before being to Barca B (not sure he even featured in Juvenil A), same with Pique.
Last CB who developed through La Masia, to Barca B to 1st team was Puyol (and even him joined us when he was 17). Pique got a lot of his development outside of the club, same for Garcia, Oleguer joined aged 21 to Barca B

Porque

Pimienta's work is beginning to take fruition as a few of the Barcelona B players are showing good improvement under him.

Cuenca is looking much better than ever before this season, as is Dani Morer who always felt like a weak link before.

Reis is not looking impressive in midfield but lets see how he improves as the season continues. Definite chance of playoffs this year.

Home of Barca Fans