FC Barcelona B

FC433

Barca B and JA do not look good to me. We need some additions.

Miranda, Wagué, Oriol Busquets, Riqui Puig, Abel Ruiz, Ilaix Moriba, Konrad de la Fuente and Anssumane Fati are the only ones that I think have potential. And 4 of them are 100% not going to be available for Barca B.

Hopefully, we get Kubo and Reis is a good addition.

Messi983

Barca B and JA do not look good to me. We need some additions.

Miranda, Wagué, Oriol Busquets, Riqui Puig, Abel Ruiz, Ilaix Moriba, Konrad de la Fuente and Anssumane Fati are the only ones that I think have potential. And 4 of them are 100% not going to be available for Barca B.

Hopefully, we get Kubo and Reis is a good addition.

We can't expect to have 8-10 players in Barça B every season with a first team future. Having 3-4 of them is more realistic but even their chances to make it are less than 10-20%.

What I would like us to do is choose those 3-4 most talented kids who we want to develop every year and surround them with more experienced players at Segunda (or higher senior football) level. What we did last season (playing mostly with homegrown players) is ok but it's not always the best for Miranda, Oriol, Riqui,... development if they are playing only alongside players with less talent and around the same level (or even less) experience than they have. Our oldest players this season were Ezkieta and Sarsanedas at 22, Morer and Carles Perez have turned 21 during the season, other players were all 20 or younger.

I would like us to bring 3-4 a bit older players (22-24) if possible one in every line (defense, midfield, forward) to get more experience into the team. If we can find a Nolito or Jonathan Soriano who would be starters and help the team then great but if not those players should be rotational/squad players whose main role would be to take some pressure and responsibility away from the youngsters.

Then, second step is what we've started to do recently with "more expensive" signings like Wague and Reis. Those players are also only 19-20 but they've had first level experience in lesser European leagues (Belgium, Eredivisie) and also some World Cup games under their belt in Wague's case. We don't know if they will ever be good enough for the first team (they are obviously bought with that goal) but they are talented enough to be key players for Barça B for a season or maybe two.

So in general how I think Barça B first XI should be constructed is something like this:

- 3-4 top talents from La Masia (with Miranda and Oriol probably going on loan next season these could be Puig, Ilaix and let's say Fati)
- 3-4 younger signings with First division experience from lesser leagues (Reis is one of them for sure, maybe Diego Palacios for the LB spot, Take Kubo would be great as well but don't look like we'll get him)
- 2-3 "older" players like explained above. Don't know about the names but position wise I think we could maybe look for a RB (Guillem Jaime is the only RB under contract who will be in Barça B next year) and maybe a winger in Jose Arnaiz mould.

Then the rest of the XI and the bench could be made out of the less talented La Masia kids and maybe a few additional cheap signings.

xXKonan

I'm annoyed how signing someone like Ludovit Reis, Palacios, etc is seen as some sort of negative thing.

When we missed out on Kubo, you had guys going on about "Yeah we can't spend 1.7 Million on Kubo but we can buy dross like Reis, etc" like hey we shouldn't invest in good rated talent because they would get in the way of our precious La Masia kids who may or not be good enough for the first team.

Not to say the board and the way we have handled La Masia has been good but there are no guarantee guys such as Miranda etc are any better than someone like Palacios who we are close to bringing in for the B team.

khaled_a_d

I'm annoyed how signing someone like Ludovit Reis, Palacios, etc is seen as some sort of negative thing.

When we missed out on Kubo, you had guys going on about "Yeah we can't spend 1.7 Million on Kubo but we can buy dross like Reis, etc" like hey we shouldn't invest in good rated talent because they would get in the way of our precious La Masia kids who may or not be good enough for the first team.

Not to say the board and the way we have handled La Masia has been good but there are no guarantee guys such as Miranda etc are any better than someone like Palacios who we are close to bringing in for the B team.

The bottom line for this, is no one here watch players in Holland,Brazil, Ecuador, Japan etc at same time.
We really have no clue who is gonna be really good and who isn't. Just watch few highlights and read for those who are fans of player A or B and make those assumptions.
The club has a good scouting network, they are gonna miss some and get some right.

That being said, the truth is last player who was bought for B team and made an impact in 1st team was Motta, he was signed 2 decades ago. Denis Suarez made 1st team but didn't make an impact at all tbh.
Some like Marlon netted us profit. But it still begs the question are those a really worthy investments?

Messi983

[tw]1145278687920775168[/tw]

Ezkieta has officially signed with Bilbao as it was expected.

[tw]1145597365275021312[/tw]

Morey is going to Dortmund, Mujica is apparently off to Leeds United while Ndockyt has returned to Getafe after his loan finished.

Good luck to all of them.

xXKonan

[tw]1151165909073104897[/tw]

Dani Morer signs a 1-year extension with his buyout clause being 40 Million euros.

I'm Surprised he is actually staying. He was the third choice behind Wague and Guillem Jaime last season. Looks like the three B RBs this season will be Guillem Jamie, Morer and Mike van Beijnen with Wague being promoted to the first team.

Messi983

We currently have 35 players in Barça B and according to Albert Roge there will be two more joining in next days - LB Diego Palacios and midfielder Tailson.

So Garcia Pimienta, Abidal and Kluivert will need to make some decisions in next days/weeks.

Porteros: Iñaki Peña, Carevic, Sergi Puig

Defensas: Guillem, Chumi, Mingueza, Cuenca, Arnau Comas, Vilarrasa, Van Beijnen, Miranda, Morer, Araujo, Santi Bueno,

Centrocampistas: Monchu, Sarsanedas, Lucas de Vega, McGuane, Peque, Serrano, Riqui Puig, Oriol Busquets, Collado, Abe, Ludovit Reis, Calavera, Ilaix, Jandro Orellana

Delanteros: Abel, Marqués, Gabriel Novaes, Ballou, Carles Pérez, Ansu y Kike Saverio.

Messi983

EAjiB9zX4AEBt3Y.jpg

Porque

The Barcelona B team should be very strong next season. Our expenditure so far this window has been more than every LaLiga2 club bar 2, so promotion could be a real possibility.

Messi983

3-0 win in a friendly against Santfeliuenc. Ansu Fati (2) and McGuane have scored, Hiroki Abe made his Barça B debut and Ferran Sarsanedas has returned after a longterm injury.

- Barça B: Carevic (Puig, 46’); Morer (Ven Beijnen, 67’), Araujo (Mingueza, 46’), Comas (Cuenca, 46’), Vilarrasa (Bueno, 67’); Oriol Busquets (Sarsanedas, 67’), Reis (Ilaix, 67’), Lucas (McGuane, 46’); Serrano (Peque, 46’), Kike Saveiro (Abe, 67’) y Ansu (Gabriel, 46’).

- Goles: 1-0, Ansu (13’); 2-0, Ansu (45’); 3-0, McGuane (62’)

Andresito

Staff member
[tw]1165644361251663872[/tw]

[youtube]XEMkDkY-zp8[/youtube]

1-0 Abel Ruiz after just a couple of minutes.

Home of Barca Fans