FC Barcelona B

Joan

Live on youtube. Starting in 15 minutes.

[youtube]V_GmHZyd9Z4[/youtube]

Lineup: Carevic; Guillem, Chumi, Cuenca, Miranda; Monchu (c), Collado, Riqui Puig, Aleñá, Mujica, Abel Ruiz.

Finally we get to see Carević.

edit1: First half just ended, we're playing in a 4-3-3 with Ruiz-Mujica-Alena front line, Ruiz and Alena as false wingers. Abel's been mostly silent, just like the left flank. But Alena's doing well there (being involved in everything). RB is supposed to provide width (which he does) but can't do much in the final third with the ball. Riqui's been shaky, aforementioned RB had a line clearance after a terrible pass from Puig. Some interesting interplays. No chances created.

Highlight:
[tw]1041364246582505473[/tw]

Last edited:

xXKonan

FT 0-0.

Watched the last min or so and man the defense was all over the place. Carevic kept it out but got lucky a bit since he pushed the ball out into the box and they couldn't take advantage of it and he finally picks it up.

God Serena

I hope Carevic and Pena get more playing time, hope one day one of them will reach 1st team

No, you don't. Not even a small bit.

I can just imagine you tripping over yourself arguing why either one doesn't deserve even a single minute the moment they get close to the first team...

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

No, you don't. Not even a small bit.

I can just imagine you tripping over yourself arguing why either one doesn't deserve even a single minute the moment they get close to the first team...

Considering you don't want anyone to take a single minute of MATS outside CDR then it will be the 1st time you and me agree on something :cheers:

God Serena

Considering you don't want anyone to take a single minute of MATS outside CDR then it will be the 1st time you and me agree on something :cheers:

You can only have his minutes if you're better, we can't afford to lose games because of youngsters, yah yah yah... where's BBZ? I need him. :coffee:

xXKonan

The only thing that sucks about Carevic and Pena, is while very talented the overlap between Stegen, Carevic, and Pena in terms of age is not really that big.

By the time Stegen starts to decline around 33-36 assuming he's still here and as our starting Goalkeeper around that time, the likes of Pena and Carevic will be around 27-29 years old. I doubt any of those two would wait around that long.

Porque

The only thing that sucks about Carevic and Pena, is while very talented the overlap between Stegen, Carevic, and Pena in terms of age is not really that big.

By the time Stegen starts to decline around 33-36 assuming he's still here and as our starting Goalkeeper around that time, the likes of Pena and Carevic will be around 27-29 years old. I doubt any of those two would wait around that long.

It's a nice problem to have. Arriving to the Barcelona first team as a goalkeeper was hard enough in the worst of our goalkeeping times. We can't afford development mistakes at this position and it took Valdes a few years of errors to become good. Even Stegen, despite winning the CL in his first season, was destroyed for his errors in LE's final season.

No problem with either of these two goalkeepers taking a few seasons loan or having buy back options if they have first team potential.

We already lost a good goalkeeper in Onana so with ter Stegen's age and ability, it is something that might repeat.

xXKonan

Barca B won again today vs Olat 2-1, with the goals coming from Abel Ruiz and Chumi.

Didn't get to watch but going by twitter it seems both Puig and Alena had good games.

Home of Barca Fans