FC Barcelona B

Andresito

Staff member
After the no-promotion there will be an expected "revolution" (well, more like a further rejuvenation) in Barca B next season according to Albert Roge.

GK:

Situation is pretty clear here. Carevic and Arnau Tenas were both renewed a few weeks ago and will compete for a starting GK spot.

Inaki Pena will be promoted to the first team and depending on what happens with Neto either stay as MATS's backup or be loaned. Juvenil A GK Ramon Villa will be called up if/when needed.

Defense:

Dani Morer will stay as the only defensive starter from the playoffs games. Araujo will be promoted to the first team while Akieme and Cuenca will be sold. Mingueza should stay and be one of the leaders of a newly formated defense. Arnau Comas is returning after a successfull loan at Olot while Juvenil A CBs Ramos Mingo, Igor Gomes and Josep Jaume will be promoted alongside fullbacks Sergi Rosanas (he's out for 5 months though) and Mika Marmol. Depending on the signings some of them could leave on loan.

Midfield:

Jandro and Ilaix will be key players of the new midfield. Monchu will leave though the club don't want to fully give up on him yet (so probably be sold with a buy-back). The same with Collado who is currently injured. Alvaro Sanz and Fran Gonzalez will be promoted while Lucas de Vega will return after a loan at Cartagena who he helped to get promoted to Segunda. Reis's future is uncertain and Pimienta would like to keep Ferran Sarsanedas for his experience and leadership for a young team despite his injury problems.

Forwards:

The main goal is to find a good goal scorer. Rey Manaj has disappointed and Matheus also didn't show much. Konrad who has already established himself as a Juvenil A player will be officially promoted, the same with Nils Mortimer and Peque while Jaume Jardi will rotate between Barca B and Juvenil A. Hiroki Abe and Labinot Kabashi should have an important role when they recover from injuries. Also, Gustavo Maia's signing will be officially confirmed soon.

So something like this.

GK: Carevic, Tenas
RB: Morer, Rosanas (?)/???
CB: Mingueza, Comas, Ramos Mingo, Igor, ???
LB: Marmol/????
DM: Orellana, A. Sanz
CM: Ilaix, de Vega, Fran, Labinot, Reis?, Sarsanedas?, ????
LW: Konrad, Nils
CF: Manaj?/????, Peque
RW: Maia, Hiroki, Matheus?

So If we'll look for more signings I think it should be for a LB and/or RB, a striker and maybe a more experienced midfielder.

EeAiBL2XYAIuR1d

khaled_a_d

Think it is too early
You have to remember that Abidal always try to get some young players with aspiration of first team in hope to find next big thing with low price.
Tried it with Wague, Araujo, Reis in B team, Trincao and Pedri with 1st team.
I expect that there will be couple of more signings out of nowhere from around the globe costing 1-4M each. And they will be signed regardless of team need.

Porque

Luca de Vega ended the season as starter for Cartagena. Played 120minutes in their playoff final and took their 3rd penalty. I'm hoping we can find a deal to keep him there on loan another season.

If he is not playing by winter we could always have him return.

Messi983

FC Barcelona have finalised the signing of Senegalese centre-back Moussa Ndiaye (18). He will join Bar?a B and will sign a two-year deal. [sport]

The young player has been learning Spanish for several months, his arrival is delayed by COVID-19 and bureaucratic issues. Bar?a will pay next to nothing for the Senegalese, but his club Cneps Excellence will have a % over a possible future sell. [@tjuanmarti]

https://footballtalentscout.net/2019/06/16/moussa-ndiaye

khaled_a_d

So, who do you think will get 1st team chances under Koeman?
It will be difficult not to try to add some young players from B team when he is here

Andresito

Staff member
So, who do you think will get 1st team chances under Koeman?
It will be difficult not to try to add some young players from B team when he is here

"Big" names such as Konrad and Ilaix probably have it in their contract to get chances with the first team, at least in training.
With Neto expected to leave the the Catalan GK's could get chances.

I expect the top B performers of last season like Monchu and Akieme to leave.

With Copa games being just 1 game I think it'll be hard for B players to get playing time, unless of course we have a crisis at a specific position like the one that gave Ansu his chance.

JamDav1982

"Big" names such as Konrad and Ilaix probably have it in their contract to get chances with the first team, at least in training.
With Neto expected to leave the the Catalan GK's could get chances.

I expect the top B performers of last season like Monchu and Akieme to leave.

With Copa games being just 1 game I think it'll be hard for B players to get playing time, unless of course we have a crisis at a specific position like the one that gave Ansu his chance.

Neto wont leave this summer. Barca are not going into new season with Pena as first team GK.

Likes of Monchu may be as well keeping to if a lot of players leaving... depending on any offer that comes in for him.

Messi983

Even if Raki and Vidal both leave we'll still have FDJ, Busi, Pjanić, Puig, maybe Pedri, potentially Van de Beek and even Coutinho might stay so don't see Monchu staying. Only way I could see him staying is if Busi leaves (which is unlikely imo). Then Monchu could be a backup to FDJ in easier games (we'd probably play Pjanic as a DM against better opponents if Frenkie is unavailable).

khaled_a_d

Yeah, Neto won't leave now.May be in Jan
I think Konrdad should have a chance due to lack of healthy athletes in our frontline
May be Moriba too.

Porque

If we are playing 4231 then I can see Monchu being the closest option outside of Puig/Araujo as he is suitable for a double pivot. Monchu and Collado would have better opportunities on loan though, while Akieme is ready for a starting position in a lower LaLiga or mid overseas club.

The rest are either not ready, not good enough or in the case of Hiroki returning from a long term injury.

Re-building season for the B team.

Messi983

With Ter Stegen being injured, I?aki Pe?a will be promoted to the first team and will compete for the starting position with Neto until Ter Stegen returns. Alex Ruiz, who arrived from DAMM, will be Bar?a B's third goalkeeper [sport]

Messi983

Senegalese LB Soleymane Aw who was rumoured to be close to Barca B a few weeks ago has in the end decided to sign with Gil Vicente.

Home of Barca Fans