FC Barcelona B

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca B's average age, or at least this team's average age is 20. Our opponents usually average around 24-26.

Boys vs. Men.

If they cannot beat kids(more talented than them I know, but still kids) then too bad for them.

FC433

Sure I can understand that.
But I think a lot of people would be happy with Barca B promoting as well, although not in the same way a local club would, of course.

It's not like the reserve teams are overpowered, if that'd be the case Barca B and Castilla would be fighting in the promotion spots for Liga. If Badajoz can't beat a team of youngsters they don't deserve to be in Segunda.
Barca B's average age, or at least this team's average age is 20. Our opponents usually average around 24-26.

Boys vs. Men.

If they cannot beat kids(more talented than them I know, but still kids) then too bad for them.

I am definitely not suggesting that it is unfair in any way. We deserved to go through, but who really cares? 5% of Barca supporters?

Messi983

I am definitely not suggesting that it is unfair in any way. We deserved to go through, but who really cares? 5% of Barca supporters?

:bartomeu:

Anyway, 5% of Barca supporters is in total still more people than whatever fan base Badajoz has.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Doesn't really matter if even 10 people care. If it helps Barca develop better players then good for us.

Andresito

Staff member

Directly I doubt a lot people care about Barca B, but it indirectly affects the first team and can bring a lot of positives to the people supporting the club.

Messi983

Also, being promoted to Segunda now is even more important because next year promotion push will be even tougher with 100 teams (5 groups with 20 teams) playing in Segunda B since there were no relegations this year but teams will be promoted from Tercera to Segunda B so there will be some changes (that are not fully known yet) in competition format. And there are further changes planned for the 21/22 season. So if we won't be promoted now we could stay in Segunda B for a few more years.

With this Second B and Third Division resolution format, and taking into account that there will be no declines, but promotions, the Second Division B will have 100 teams that will be divided into 5 groups. Given that the duration of the 20/21 season will be somewhat shorter than usual, the subgroup format will be recommended with a final phase in which the teams will regroup by positions. More details will follow shortly. At the end of the 20/21 season, and once the Second Division A promotions and descents have been applied, a new category will be created with its own competition in the 21/22 season between Second Division A and Second Division B with two groups of 20 teams.

https://www.rfef.es/noticias/comuni...eticiones-no-profesionales-del-futbol-espanol

khaled_a_d

This is exactly why it will be bad for us getting promotion.
You can't develop kids in losing culture, you can't win with team of average age of 20 in Segunda which is brutal to reserve teams.
La Masia declined badly when B team was in Segunda, yet we insist that it is good for developing kids, just at the very moment we have developed 2 players in Araujo & Puig while in 3rd division :banghead:

Messi983

I believe Pimienta can continue to develop players in Segunda while also getting good results.

Even if we look for successfull examples outside of Barca Diego Martinez did a great job with Sevilla Atletico in 2016/17 when they've finished 13th in Segunda while developing players like Eteki and Pozo.

khaled_a_d

I believe Pimienta can continue to develop players in Segunda while also getting good results.

Even if we look for successfull examples outside of Barca Diego Martinez did a great job with Sevilla Atletico in 2016/17 when they've finished 13th in Segunda while developing players like Eteki and Pozo.

While I am aware that there are exceptions, it remains rare exceptions.
I hope you will be proven right, but if we fail I hope we will end our 2nd division obsession once for all.

Messi983

Cornella is already through, Sabadell is leading 1-0 at HT vs Cultural Leonesa (they've beaten Atletico in Copa this year so not a bad team at all) and Castellon is still drawing with Pena Deportiva.

Both games going into overtime. So at least if we'll draw one of those teams we'll be in a similar position or actually in a bit better because we'll have a couple more hours to rest.

Porque

If we do promote to Segunda I hope we get some bonafide prospects at CB, CF and AMR that are close to first division level. Similar quality to those that Red Bull Salzburg go for at their B team/feeder club.

Of course we aren't owned by a drinks manufacturer who can offer their parents jobs at the local factory.

Slevinn

This is exactly why it will be bad for us getting promotion.
You can't develop kids in losing culture, you can't win with team of average age of 20 in Segunda which is brutal to reserve teams.
La Masia declined badly when B team was in Segunda, yet we insist that it is good for developing kids, just at the very moment we have developed 2 players in Araujo & Puig while in 3rd division :banghead:
In an ideal world the board would surround our biggest talents with some older players that are very good Segunda players. Maybe Puig and Araujo would be better players by now if they were developed like that.

Home of Barca Fans