FC Barcelona B

Jallo

If I didn't like Pimienta so much I would say I hope he was coaching the first team. He deserves a shot at the job, preferably under a different board with a new squad.

Messi983

Pimienta doing a wonderful job.

Even more so considering a depleted squad filled with a lot of Juvenil players he has to work with for most of the season.

BTW, Pimienta's contract is expiring in June. Barça wants to renew him but I'm sure many Segunda teams and maybe some La Liga team will be interested in his services. Foreign clubs as well though I'm not sure if he wants to leave Spain. Hopefully we'll keep him but I would be also happy for him if he'd get a good opportunity in another club where he can further develop his coaching career. I don't think he's ready for our first team but in a few years who knows.

God Serena

Pimienta would be a great option for the first team on day if he were to get some Liga experience under his belt first. He's doing wonders with those kids from the looks of it, especially considering how weak his squad is in terms of first team potential.

Messi983

According to Ferran Martinez today will be known what will happen with Segunda B and other non-professional leagues.

The league won't be ended but there will be a promotion playoff which will be played in mid-June, most likely at RFEF installments in San Pedro del Pinatar (Murcia) which was one of the least affected areas by corona virus in Spain.

The system with 3 playoff rounds and 14 total single-elimination games will look like this.

1st round:
- 2 games: current leaders of all four Segunda B division groups will play among themselves with winners of those games directly promoted to Segunda A
- 4 games: 2nd on the table will play against 4th from the other group
- 2 games: currently 3rd ranked teams will play among themselves

2nd round:
-4 games: 6 winners of teams ranked 2nd-4th will be joined by two group leaders who will lose their game in the 1st round

3rd round:
- 2 games: four 2nd round winners will play for the last two promotion spots

Barca B was 2nd on the table in Group 3 when season was suspended so they will first play against Pe?a Deportiva, Valladolid B or Yeclano. It's a shame since we were only a point behind the group leader Castellon so we would now need only a win for a promotion. Winning three consecutive games will be much tougher.

As for the 2020/21 season there will be five Segunda B Division groups with 20 teams since there will be no relegations from Segunda B but there will be promotions from Tercera.

xXKonan

According to Ferran Martinez, there's still no agreement with Garc?a Pimienta to renew his contract and there's another meeting today.

But going what Martinez said in his article yesterday it apparently didn't sound too good right now.

JamDav1982

If he doesnt renew my guess would be he has been offered a more lucrative/high profile job elsewhere.

Barca coaches of B team or assistants in first team always have options to move when their teams do well.

Messi983

Our first rival in promotion playoffs will be Valladolid B.

EbYQokVXQAUi6rB

Messi983

According to Gerard Romero Jose Mari Bakero's negotiations with Lokomotiv Moscow have failed. They've offered him a job as an intermediary between the First team and Academy.

His current contract with Barca expires in a few days.

Messi983

Another extension, Sergi Rosanas till 2023.

And another one, Mika Marmol also until 2023 with a 50m buy out clause which will raise to 150m if he'll be promoted to the first team.

Mika Marmol this season:

- 2028 minutes played in Juvenil A (the most and additionally only three times he has not played the full 90 minutes)
- 3A
- debut in Bar?a B
- one match for Spain U19

Key player in Juvenil A. Good as LB and great as CB. He's having superb season.

https://twitter.com/ViscaBarca1233/status/1255104103451111426

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans