FC Barcelona B

God Serena

Tarin starts, and our defense shuts down a team who realistically would have destroyed us when Lopez was in charge.

Interesting...

JamDav1982

Tarin starts, and our defense shuts down a team who realistically would have destroyed us when Lopez was in charge.

Interesting...

Not really that interesting.

Can flip it as well and see B team getting better results with less young players such as Cuenca who has been benched for likes of Tarin or Costas.

There was not one player playing today that will make it to first team wouldnt think... Cucu at a push but doubt it.

Needs must for now though.

Last edited:

God Serena

Not really that interesting.

Can flip it as well and see B team getting better results with less young players such as Cuenca who has been benched for likes of Tarin or Costas.

You said you could flip it, but benching Cuenca for the likes of Tarin only supports that having Tarin start helped us get a better result.

JamDav1982

You said you could flip it, but benching Cuenca for the likes of Tarin only supports that having Tarin start helped us get a better result.

Yes and playing players for immediate results and not to develop them for first team will do that.

So that is the flip side of it.

God Serena

Yes and playing players for immediate results and not to develop them for first team will do that.

So that is the flip side of it.

Depends. What defenders playing for Barca B currently are truly first team potential? All of our best prospects in that area play for Juvenil A, and none of them play CB.

JamDav1982

Depends. What defenders playing for Barca B currently are truly first team potential? All of our best prospects in that area play for Juvenil A, and none of them play CB.

Cuenca would be the one that has a chance. Possibly the best chance.

The argument from some throughout the season has been to play more of the Juvenil A team anyway.

For now Barca need results so no complaints from me but doesnt fit with a lot of the complaints throughout the season.

gregorrin10

Since Lopez was finally sacked and after a couple of matches to get settled, they have now beaten 3rd place Gijon away and now 4th place Cadiz. Now they have lower quality teams Albacete and Zaragoza to play left. Hopefully they take at least 4 points from these 2 games, which might be enough in the end. Would be a shame if Pimienta suffered just because the Board didn't sack Lopez quick enough. He did get a 2 year contract though, right? Hopefully Pimienta stays in charge even if he doesn't get the team to safety, he seems to be doing well and also giving chances to players, who really have the talent and can one day maybe make it to the first team as well, which should be the first and only purpose of the B team anyway.

JamDav1982

Since Lopez was finally sacked and after a couple of matches to get settled, they have now beaten 3rd place Gijon away and now 4th place Cadiz. Now they have lower quality teams Albacete and Zaragoza to play left. Hopefully they take at least 4 points from these 2 games, which might be enough in the end. Would be a shame if Pimienta suffered just because the Board didn't sack Lopez quick enough. He did get a 2 year contract though, right? Hopefully Pimienta stays in charge even if he doesn't get the team to safety, he seems to be doing well and also giving chances to players, who really have the talent and can one day maybe make it to the first team as well, which should be the first and only purpose of the B team anyway.

Pimentia is clearly doing well but not sure what chances to players you mean. He is going with more experienced players and coaching them better it seems.

Which is all he needs to do as it is important to Barca to try and stay up.

God Serena

Cuenca would be the one that has a chance. Possibly the best chance.

The argument from some throughout the season has been to play more of the Juvenil A team anyway.

For now Barca need results so no complaints from me but doesnt fit with a lot of the complaints throughout the season.

Cuenca is about as likely to make the first team as Mina is to start a CL final next to Umtiti next season.

I never argued for the use of Juvenil players over players starting, but constantly using dogshit players like Martinez was something I always took issue with.

I still believe Tarin to be the best or 2nd best CB on the team regardless of potential and it seemed ludicrous to me that he was benched.

JamDav1982

Cuenca is about as likely to make the first team as Mina is to start a CL final next to Umtiti next season.

I never argued for the use of Juvenil players over players starting, but constantly using dogshit players like Martinez was something I always took issue with.

I still believe Tarin to be the best or 2nd best CB on the team regardless of potential and it seemed ludicrous to me that he was benched.

Cuenca is clearly the CB with the best chance of making it and is highly rated. Whether he does or not remains to be seen as it is a hard step to make.

Sure as fuck got a better chance than likes of Tarin or Palencia who have had hype trains going on them past couple seasons.

God Serena

Cuenca is clearly the CB with the best chance of making it and is highly rated. Whether he does or not remains to be seen as it is a hard step to make.

Sure as fuck got a better chance than likes of Tarin or Palencia who have had hype trains going on them past couple seasons.

Yeah he does have the best chance. I personally don't rate him so I don't think it's likely, it seems to me like he'll have a lot of the problems Bartra had and that's if he maximizes his potential. And obviously Tarin and Palencia aren't going to. Palencia especially has really disappointed.

JamDav1982

Yeah he does have the best chance. I personally don't rate him so I don't think it's likely, it seems to me like he'll have a lot of the problems Bartra had and that's if he maximizes his potential. And obviously Tarin and Palencia aren't going to. Palencia especially has really disappointed.

Bartra made it and got his chances at that level if gets that far then fantastic.

God Serena

Bartra made it and got his chances at that level if gets that far then fantastic.

But in the end he still wasn't quite good enough and now plays for Betis after being 4th/5th choice his entire career here. That's the best case scenario I see for Cuenca so whether he lives up to that or now I'm not too excited for him.

JamDav1982

But in the end he still wasn't quite good enough and now plays for Betis after being 4th/5th choice his entire career here. That's the best case scenario I see for Cuenca so whether he lives up to that or now I'm not too excited for him.

No one said Bartra was good enough to be a starter in first team.

Not even sure what point you are trying to make now but dont seem to bothered about trying to give youngsters minutes as wont become first teamn starters anyway is what it sounds like.

What youngsters are you excited about that guarantee more than that?

Home of Barca Fans