FC Barcelona B

Joan

Couldn't watch the whole match, only the last 15 minutes.

How would you rate new guys?
McGuane?
Rivera?
... also,
Cuenca?
Alenya?
Cucurella? Thought he was really good last match.

Glad Nahuel is doing well.

FCBfan22

Nahuel - MOTM for me. Great second half, made the passes Alena made count.
Alena - 2nd best player on the pitch, constant danger for the opponent. His first touch and decision making are a bit off sometimes.
Cuenca - Good game, miles better than Martinez.
Cucurella - Good in every game I watched, but he still needs some development. Could be our starting LB in the A team someday.
McGuane - OK game. Nothing special.

Rivera - Absolute dogshite of a player. Was a passenger the whole game. 90% of his passes were to David Costas, who also needed to act as some kind of deep playmaker, because of Rivera's inability. One of the worst 3 players on the pitch together with Palencia and Varo. McGuane, Costas and De Gallaretta all suffered because of him.

Joan

Alena - 2nd best player on the pitch, constant danger for the opponent. His first touch and decision making are a bit off sometimes.
It often is. Last match, that loss, he was the best player on the ball and was driving things forward.

But the problem was he never really fought for the ball, he never went for it. Was it the same this time?
I won't quote Cruijff now as his positioning is usually good, he's intelligent enough to be often available to receive the ball.

Sometimes, I feel he could make it big here, but he needs to improve on some aspects of the game, keeping the ball, for instance.
Cuenca - Good game, miles better than Martinez.
Why was Martinez taken off? Wasn't an injury, according to Sofa.

Read somewhere you haven't been watching Barca B for some time. Have you seen his game vs. Albacete? He was a please to watch, some brilliant passes, line-breaking playing from the back.

Here's the link.
Cucurella - Good in every game I watched, but he still needs some development. Could be our starting LB in the A team someday.
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

FCBfan22

I have watched last week's game and this week's. Before that, I haven't watched Barca B in a long time.

Martinez was awful last week, he was better this week, but still not as good as Quenca, who came on at halftime. Still need to see more of him, but so far, he hasn't impressed me.

The worst 2 players who have been dogshite in both games are Rivera and Varo, both of whom should be shipped out ASAP.

xXKonan

Rivera was frustrating to watch as he did fuck all for the most part.

He didn't bother helping build from the back and it forced Costas and Martinez in the first half to long ball it and it also effected De Gallaretta and McGuane who at times had to drop deeper and get the ball at times.

And even worse was his defensive duties as a DM, they were non existent. He always seemed to be out of position or slow getting back when we were getting countered forcing Costas and Martinez/Cuenca under massive pressure.

Honestly he reminds me of a worse version of Gumbau. Sure Gumbau, wasn't the greatest and obviously became a meme in the Barca fanbase, but you have to admit he worked hard and contributed a goal here and there and fought for the shirt.

Should just play McGuane as a DM, he would probably do a better job.

Messi983

Yeah like for 2 mins?
And there weren't really any delays during the game.

Refs add 30 seconds for every substitution. There were 5 subs in 2nd half (Cuenca came on at HT) and they usually also add 30 seconds for every goal (celebrations). So there you have 3 minutes and when you add Varo's injury it's easy 5 minutes.

tacticvarium

No extra time doesn't work like that. There are just numerous games that there were no extra time even when both teams used all their substitutions.

God Serena

Refs add 30 seconds for every substitution. There were 5 subs in 2nd half (Cuenca came on at HT) and they usually also add 30 seconds for every goal (celebrations). So there you have 3 minutes and when you add Varo's injury it's easy 5 minutes.

You know, I've been reffing since I was a child, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this and I strongly suspect it's just speculation on your part. That's... not how extra time works.

khaled_a_d

You know, I've been reffing since I was a child, and this is the first time I've ever heard of this and I strongly suspect it's just speculation on your part. That's... not how extra time works.

Seem there is some truth in it tbh
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rks-and-what-it-means/?utm_term=.aa2c53bef45f
Any events that the referee deems to be taking up extra stoppage time can be timed and added to stoppage time. FIFA’s further instructions on Law 7 add a little bit of precision. Normal stoppages for throw-ins or corner kicks are not to be considered as part of the referee’s calculation, unless of course the referee deems the players to have wasted time. Substitutions, goals and cards are usually expected to count for 30 seconds of added time, but this is no more than a vague “best practices” guideline. When a penalty shot in awarded in stoppage time, typically enough further time is added to allow the penalty to be taken, as happened in the Ghana-Uruguay quarterfinal match in the 2010 World Cup.

God Serena

Well at least I know he got it from somewhere, but in practice that just doesn't happen. Even in leagues I work where the same substitution rules as the professional game apply I was never actually told anything about this. If both teams use all their subs and there are 4 cards in the second half that's 5 minutes extra time just by itself, and that's not even counting for time wasting, injuries, ejections, etc. and if there were more than a couple of goals scored... yeah, good luck. I don't think I've ever added extra time because of a goal or a sub unless the game is extremely close and one of the coaches complain.

JamDav1982

Well at least I know he got it from somewhere, but in practice that just doesn't happen. Even in leagues I work where the same substitution rules as the professional game apply I was never actually told anything about this. If both teams use all their subs and there are 4 cards in the second half that's 5 minutes extra time just by itself, and that's not even counting for time wasting, injuries, ejections, etc. and if there were more than a couple of goals scored... yeah, good luck. I don't think I've ever added extra time because of a goal or a sub unless the game is extremely close and one of the coaches complain.

It is used as a guideline in a lot of the big leagues.

Talk about it all the time for games on tv here.

Messi983

Some good news.

Fernando Polo/Ferran Martinez are reporting that Oriol Busquets could sign his new contract next week. Negotiations with Miranda are also well advanced and he could sign in March. Renewing Abel Ruiz and Jandro Orellana are also among club's priorities.

Home of Barca Fans