FC Barcelona B

xXKonan

According to Onda Cero we are closing to completing the signing of Almería forward José Ángel Pozo for a fee of 3 million euros in January.

also they state he will only be with the B team until the end of the season and be promoted to the first team in the summer.

JamDav1982

According to Onda Cero we are closing to completing the signing of Almería forward José Ángel Pozo for a fee of 3 million euros in January.

also they state he will only be with the B team until the end of the season and be promoted to the first team in the summer.

No chance.

Messi983

Promoted to the first team and going on loan?

Pozo was highly rated a few years ago. Former Real Madrid product, was then bought by Man City and played in their academy where they named him Mini-Messi. Of course he didn't make it to their first team and signed with Almeria in 2015. Still only 21 though so he could be another potential low risk/high reward signing like Arnaiz.

[youtube]YzHF-R67Qx0[/youtube]

Messi983

Thinking more about this I think it could be also we're trying to get cheaper backup attacking options for the first team. Even if we won't get much for selling Deulofeu, Vidal, Denis and Paco (though I like him but would sell him for the right money and if he'll continue to play good in second half of the season there could be some good offers for him) we would save their wages. We could give that money to Griezmann who would actually be a starter and hopefully also a difference maker and then keep cheaper backups like Arnaiz and possibly Pozo with Abel Ruiz also waiting in Barça B.

Messi, Dembele, Griezmann and Suarez would be unquestionable starters (probably in 4-2-3-1) and then we'd have Arnaiz and Pozo on lower wages to play in Copa or easier games. We could also keep one of Denis or Paco to have more (proven) depth or maybe sign another versatile offensive player. Could also be a veteran in free agency (like Larsson) on a reasonable 1-2 year contract or maybe even on loan.

I know he's not on exactly low wages in Chelsea and it's unlikely to happen but if Conte leaves and whoever their next coach will be won't count on him I wouldn't mind getting Pedro back on loan.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Thinking more about this I think it could be also we're trying to get cheaper backup attacking options for the first team. Even if we won't get much for selling Deulofeu, Vidal, Denis and Paco (though I like him but would sell him for the right money and if he'll continue to play good in second half of the season there could be some good offers for him) we would save their wages. We could give that money to Griezmann who would actually be a starter and hopefully also a difference maker and then keep cheaper backups like Arnaiz and possibly Pozo with Abel Ruiz also waiting in Barça B.

Messi, Dembele, Griezmann and Suarez would be unquestionable starters (probably in 4-2-3-1) and then we'd have Arnaiz and Pozo on lower wages to play in Copa or easier games. We could also keep one of Denis or Paco to have more (proven) depth or maybe sign another versatile offensive player. Could also be a veteran in free agency (like Larsson) on a reasonable 1-2 year contract or maybe even on loan.

I know he's not on exactly low wages in Chelsea and it's unlikely to happen but if Conte leaves and whoever their next coach will be won't count on him I wouldn't mind getting Pedro back on loan.

Thing is, Pozo isn't even good striker in Segunda considering his numbers. 3M look a lot for the amount of goals he provides
Since the "fantastic four" experience in Rijkaard last season, we never tried something like this (using cheap B players as main back up) and I doubt we will go this route again

Messi983

Fixed that for you.

Why? Gomes is not an attacker.

Thing is, Pozo isn't even good striker in Segunda considering his numbers. 3M look a lot for the amount of goals he provides
Since the "fantastic four" experience in Rijkaard last season, we never tried something like this (using cheap B players as main back up) and I doubt we will go this route again

I know but that experiment failed mainly because fantastic four failed (Ronaldinho more interested in night life than football, Messi and Eto'o injured for longer period and Henry still adapting to the team) so Bojan and Giovani had to play more than they were ready for. Bojan did quite well anyway, scoring 10 league goals. Arnaiz and Pozo might not be as highly rated as our golden boys were back then but they are a few years older (22 instead of 17/18). But as said above if we wouldn't be comfortable with two inexperienced backups we could still keep one of Paco/Denis (as winger only as I don't see him as midfielder) or sign another more experienced versatile backup.

Anyway, according to MD it seems we have decided against buying Pozo (at least for now) as we don't want to pay 3M that Almeria is asking. And Gerard is also looking more for midfield reinforcements after Sarsanedas longterm injury. A lot can still happen before the end of January though

Last edited:

Messi983

Lineup against Albacete, game is starting in around 30 minutes.

[tw]943179372227207169[/tw]

[tw]943182897988689921[/tw]

FCBfan22

It's time for Lopez to go. If we can't get at least a draw with Albacete, who are 13th, I don't know how will we stay up.

Home of Barca Fans