FC Barcelona B

Porque

About Coutinho or Alenya. I'm down with Coutinho if he doesn't cut Alenya's minutes and first 11 spot.

But if he would then I would prefer to invest the time in Alenya development and the money in other positions. Alenya is not that far from the first team squad.

Can a midfield of Coutinho-Alena work down the line? Or would Coutinho be more advanced at AML cutting in or Alenya at AMR cutting in?

khaled_a_d

You can't have 2 AM in same time on regular basis, not with 3 attackers as we are playing right now, he will surely cut Alena minutes early on

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You can make it work if Coutinho/Alenya plays a bit deeper.

If those two are our best midfielders, they will in most likelihood play together. What's the odds on the current management being able to sign a proper CM?

khaled_a_d

You can make it work if Coutinho/Alenya plays a bit deeper.

If those two are our best midfielders, they will in most likelihood play together. What's the odds on the current management being able to sign a proper CM?

Paulinho/Rakitic/Iniesta will play instead of one of them even if we don't get a proper CM, you are kidding yourself if you think a coach would risk using 2 AM like them with front 3 of Messi,Dembele & Suarez (or new attacker).
It is will be a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

You could always play Coutinho as LW, Messi CF and Dembélé RW with Iniesta/Denis, Busquets and Aleñá in midfield or Aleñá, Busquets and Paulinho. Or you could go Dembélé LW, Messi CF, Deulofeu RW with Coutinho, Busquets and Aleñá/Paulinho in midfield.

Nice thing with having a player like Coutinho is that he gives you options.

Aleñá is also very capable of playing the number 8 role, he played there preseason and was fantastic. I expect he’ll play there again tonight.

Actually looking forward to this game more than I do some first team games.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Paulinho/Rakitic/Iniesta will play instead of one of them even if we don't get a proper CM, you are kidding yourself if you think a coach would risk using 2 AM like them with from 3 of Messi,Dembele & Suarez (or new attacker).
It is will be a disaster waiting to happen.

Iniesta is strictly speaking not quite the CM either. It would be sad if Rakitic is still here next season...........

Perhaps we could snatch up Goretzka and have Coutinho-Goretzka with Alenya as first choice behind them, Paulinho playing a dynamic role off the bench with Iniesta playing the role Xavi did in his last season. Roberto playing wherever he can since it doesn't seem like most managers prefer to use him as a midfielder.

khaled_a_d

Just for the record, I am all for promoting Alena next year and signing Coutinho, but let's not pretend Coutinho won't affect Alena minutes (unless we don't bring an attacker to replace Suarez and used Coutinho as LW).
Alena is still a Barca AM and he usually receive ball in advanced positions, I've no doubt in my mind he will be capable CM in the future but that will take years IMHO.
But this could be a good problem to have anyway.

Nothanks

what about.....

----------------Messi
Coutinho-----Alena-----Dembele
------Busquets----Paulinho

:thinking: maybe too attack oriented..

Home of Barca Fans