FC Barcelona B

Trickykid

I wonder how many of these super young guys such as this Cuenca, Vitinho, Cocurella, Busquets, Bueno (not to forget forgotten guys like Paik, Lee, Mujica) and so on that Gerard has the guts to play. Segunda A is tough as nails in terms of physicality and competitiveness and it'll really be a babtism by fire for the youngsters who has little to no experience in leagues like this one.

Considering his two first seasons here I'm guessing he'll rely heavily on more experienced players, but it seems the number of interesting young talents in the squad is much higher this coming season than what he's been used to. In the wake of the recent wave of criticism of La Masia, I wouldn't be surprised if the board is pressuring Gerard somewhat to give more opportunities to the talents, but it's going to be an extremely fine line he'll have to walk in order to stay in the division while developing all this exciting young guys.

xXKonan

It's all about striking that balance of having experience+young talent. the last time we decided to play a squad that was full of young and inexperienced players the team had a major setback and faced relegation to the third division.

I think the club learned it's lesson big time from that.

khaled_a_d

It's all about striking that balance of having experience+young talent. the last time we decided to play a squad that was full of young and inexperienced players the team had a major setback and faced relegation to the third division.

I think the club learned it's lesson big time from that.

And before that the best players we developed was Bartra and Montoya,Roberto too but it took him 2 seasons in 1st team to actually develop.
I am not really sure where is the theory about Segunda prepare players better came from

I wonder how many of these super young guys such as this Cuenca, Vitinho, Cocurella, Busquets, Bueno (not to forget forgotten guys like Paik, Lee, Mujica) and so on that Gerard has the guts to play. Segunda A is tough as nails in terms of physicality and competitiveness and it'll really be a babtism by fire for the youngsters who has little to no experience in leagues like this one.

Considering his two first seasons here I'm guessing he'll rely heavily on more experienced players, but it seems the number of interesting young talents in the squad is much higher this coming season than what he's been used to. In the wake of the recent wave of criticism of La Masia, I wouldn't be surprised if the board is pressuring Gerard somewhat to give more opportunities to the talents, but it's going to be an extremely fine line he'll have to walk in order to stay in the division while developing all this exciting young guys.

This is why I was and still against trying to promote to Segunda and really wished we get defeated in play offs, Segunda is no joke, very strong league and probably better than many 1st division in Europe, Gerard has a career he need to take care off, he sees Pep and Lucho getting Barca job from B team, he sees how Eusebio chances gone down when he lead team to bad season,but finishing third before still ensured him a chance in Liga at the end.

Gerard has rebuilt that team,but he knows no one will care if he gets relegated. I am not sure how he will be able to develop guys with such young team under such competitive circumstances. 3rd division has been the standard league for reserve teams for whole Liga not just Barca and in most cases academies done better in it than Segunda. I am hoping that Gerard break the rules but I am not optimistic.
That said, having players like Bueno,Cuenca,Vitinho who played before some 1st team football with their previous clubs could help them to adapt. Most of the team had experience in Segunda B too that could help them

xXKonan

Albert Roge says Mariano Konyk will be confirmed soon.

Bueno-Tarin-Martinez-Cuenca-Konyk.

Villanova will likely be loaned out and Lopez already left and Marlon will be promoted to the first team.

Messi983

This is why I was and still against trying to promote to Segunda and really wished we get defeated in play offs, Segunda is no joke, very strong league and probably better than many 1st division in Europe, Gerard has a career he need to take care off, he sees Pep and Lucho getting Barca job from B team, he sees how Eusebio chances gone down when he lead team to bad season,but finishing third before still ensured him a chance in Liga at the end.

I think Segunda is a more technical league in comparision to Segunda B which is more physical. It's true our 18-19 yo kids whose bodies might still not be fully developed will have to play against 10 years older opponents and some of them could struggle because of that but most of them have already do well in Segunda B against those type of opponents. Overall I still think it's better to be in Segunda because they could concentrate more on improving technical and tactical standpoint of their game. That's why I also believe the club is confident going into the season with overall younger but technically more gifted squad than we had last year. At the same time they also added some more experienced player like Lozano and De Galarreta. I didn't really scout anyone of them too closely but from what I've seen they are better than the likes of Gumbau or Perea.

Albert Roge says Mariano Konyk will be confirmed soon.

Bueno-Tarin-Martinez-Cuenca-Konyk.

Villanova will likely be loaned out and Lopez already left and Marlon will be promoted to the first team.

It's interesting they decided to go into a season with such a young and fairly inexperienced group at such an important position. I think overall we'll be a better team but I expected them to bring another more experienced CB alongside Martinez.

khaled_a_d

Overall I still think it's better to be in Segunda because they could concentrate more on improving technical and tactical standpoint of their game.

I think this is far from the truth, you can't concentrate on anything if you have too much competition to face. Again,through last couple of decades players improved better in 3rd division than 2nd division in all academies. Most of the teams we had during the 5 years span in Segunda was probably more technically gifted than this one too. We failed to develop anyone into Barca starter, while seeing RM developing Carvajal and Morata in Segunda B while AM develop ton of talents too

xXKonan

Gerard Romero, says Lopez doesn't count on Quintilla for next season so he's likely gone. Moi apparently will also stay with the team.

tacticvarium

Nevertheless, for the upcoming season, promotion to Segunda A will do good for Aleñá. That's one thing I'm certainly positive about it. It made him stay at the club (I still don't like the idea of loaning players out to other clubs since they were trained to adapt to Barça system) and he will be probably given some chances to prove himself to the first team coach who seems to have proper philosophy about youth development.
For long-term wise, the club needs to have near-perfect plan for how they would manage the B~Juv teams and keep the balance between developing players and making good results to remain at the Segunda A but this hasn't been achieved correctly many times. They always ended up focusing more on winning than developing players.

messi1995

Perea (ex-Barça B, Cadiz): "When were you told that you wouldn't continue at Barça? I wasn't told, I found out on Twitter."

Perea: "I was eating breakfast with my girlfriend, I went on Twitter and saw that I wouldn't be continuing" [@albert_roge via vavel]

Shit board.

Messi983

His contract has expired and he was probably told by Gerard&Co they won't keep him so it's not like they released him without telling him.

also:

[tw]888338009489195008[/tw]

tacticvarium

Pep Segura: "Will we sign more players for Barça B? Everything is possible. We must build a team that can compete in Segunda A."
"Barça B starting the preseason with 38 players? There will be movements. We will have to end up with a squad of 25 players."
"The option of a C team didn't become reality, so we have to continue with the loan policy, as we have been doing before." [md]

This man is really disgusting. I guess I was too naive to believe that things would get a little better when Amor and Bakero replaced Segura as Youth director. They wouldn't have any practical power as long as there are Bartomeu and Segura in charge.

JamDav1982

Pep Segura: "Will we sign more players for Barça B? Everything is possible. We must build a team that can compete in Segunda A."
"Barça B starting the preseason with 38 players? There will be movements. We will have to end up with a squad of 25 players."
"The option of a C team didn't become reality, so we have to continue with the loan policy, as we have been doing before." [md]

This man is really disgusting. I guess I was too naive to believe that things would get a little better when Amor and Bakero replaced Segura as Youth director. They wouldn't have any practical power as long as there are Bartomeu and Segura in charge.

What is disgusting about that?

tacticvarium

It's easy to tell that he is already more focusing on winning-remaining at Segunda A-than developing players.
There surely must be good balance of mature players and youngsters from our own system to be able to compete in such a competitive league but I think the B team has already signed enough players from outside. Also loan policy has to be done very precisely. It's not like you loan players out and they'll take care of themselves if they have real talents. But this board is either not really aware of that or doesn't really care about youth development.

Jallo

38 :scared:

Home of Barca Fans