FC Barcelona B

navidjaan

Unzue has watched several B games this season. Obviously the club won't leak it if they have him as Lucho's replacement already (why wouldn't they?- they seem very happy with Lucho's work and his staff), but it's possible that they've already told Unzue and that planning has already begun. Doubt Robert would say such a thing with a new coach who doesn't know about the current B team. Not even Pep promoted anyone but Busquets straight away.

God Serena

Unzue has watched several B games this season. Obviously the club won't leak it if they have him as Lucho's replacement already (why wouldn't they?- they seem very happy with Lucho's work and his staff), but it's possible that they've already told Unzue and that planning has already begun. Doubt Robert would say such a thing with a new coach who doesn't know about the current B team. Not even Pep promoted anyone but Busquets straight away.

If that's the case then notions of Unzue being the same as Lucho would immediately be dispelled. Even when the Lucho fanatics are trying to squeeze every possible moment of Lucho utilizing La Masia out, they wouldn't be able to come close to four promotions from the B team.

jamrock

I don't want anyone associated with luiz to be the coach, we need to start fresh, it didn't work with Tito I won't be any different now.

God Serena

How many players did Pep promote in four years compared to Lucho in three?

Lucho promoted two: Munir and Sandro. Pep promoted Pedro, Busquets, Tello, Cuenca, JDS, Thiago (AND THEN HE STOLE HIM FROM US PEP YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN), and... I think that's it. 6 promotions compared to Lucho's two and Munir and Sandro were comparatively less relied on when compared to Cuenca and Tello.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Lucho promoted two: Munir and Sandro. Pep promoted Pedro, Busquets, Tello, Cuenca, JDS, Thiago (AND THEN HE STOLE HIM FROM US PEP YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN), and... I think that's it. 6 promotions compared to Lucho's two and Munir and Sandro were comparatively less relied on when compared to Cuenca and Tello.

Masip counts as well I suppose so three for Lucho. Even then Rafinha was really in first team squad for first time as was Denis.

Are you sure JDS was promoted by Pep? What season was that?

JamDav1982

Who gets credit for Rafinha and Denis getting first team squad spots?

Surely has to be Lucho as the manager that used them in that environment for first time.

Not as straightforward as others and Denis is a push to be included but at very least Lucho gets some credit.

Messi983

I don't want anyone associated with luiz to be the coach, we need to start fresh, it didn't work with Tito I won't be any different now.

How exactly it didn't work with Tito? Until he was healthy we played some great football and had the best first half of the season in club history under him. Can't really blame him for what happened after that.

Home of Barca Fans