FC Barcelona B

xXKonan

It was a Tough ground to play at and we got out of there with a Draw.

Team wasn't very great during stretches of the first half but eventually gotten better as the game went on. something to build on at least.

xXKonan

Why is Gumbau being played as CB? Surely we have better options.
Lopez plays him there because he sees Gumbau being able to help start plays in the back. Gumbau at CB is "OK" against weaker teams but once you play teams like Alcoyano or the others in the top half of the table he becomes a Liability due to his lack of Tactical Positioning.

I guess Lopez had enough and subbed Borja López on and Gumbau was put back in the Midfield before he was eventually subbed off for Kaptoum.

God Serena

Lopez plays him there because he sees Gumbau being able to help start plays in the back. Gumbau at CB is "OK" against weaker teams but once you play teams like Alcoyano or the others in the top half of the table he becomes a Liability due to his lack of Tactical Positioning.

I guess Lopez had enough and subbed Borja López on and Gumbau was put back in the Midfield before he was eventually subbed off for Kaptoum.

I've never been a fan of that mentality. Starting non-defenders in defense for the sake of playing from the back. I'd rather not concede than have CBs who can pass, thanks. If Gumbau had any sense of positional awareness he could probably fulfill that role playing as CDM, anyways.

xXKonan

I've never been a fan of that mentality. Starting non-defenders in defense for the sake of playing from the back. I'd rather not concede than have CBs who can pass, thanks. If Gumbau had any sense of positional awareness he could probably fulfill that role playing as CDM, anyways.
It also appears Gumbau is no longer considered to be first or second choice in the DM spot since the arrival of Fali. Lopez Prefers to play Fali and Samper over Gumbau there, and the midfield is usually Xemi-Fali-Samper and Xemi rotating with Kaptoum.

So Lopez thinks Gumbau's ball playing skills are decent so he found a spot for him in the Back, Despite Borja Lopez, and Quintillà who are actual defenders that could fill the LCB role.

xXKonan

Barca B Official lineup vs Villarreal B.

[tw]706157083058708480[/tw]

Not liking the CB pair since they aren't even true CBs vs possibly the strongest team in the league.

Home of Barca Fans