Things to do in Barcelona

Mike

Hi, I posted already but seem to have lost the location of the post. I am taking my Son age 9 to Barca for a week. I was wondering what the best accommodation would be for a good soccer experience. We want to catch a match and the tour of the Stadium. It would be great to find out which is the best place to stay that is central to everywhere.
My Son will be street performing more than likely too with ground skills and soccer freestyle if permitted. I was wondering what accommodation do the Barca Team stay in when playing in the Stadium.
I have no idea of the city either so any advice and things to see particularly soccer related would be great. I'd like him to see the Academy play or even visit we're the main Team trains. Would anyone know if it is possible to visit either training sessions. Regarding the best seats in Nou Camp, it would b great to get some advice on this.

Thanks a million, Michael.

JonM

Accommodation: Doesn't really matter because the public transport system is very good. When I went, I stayed near the Barcelona Sants train station because it's easy to get to from the airport and it's possible to walk to stadium (about 20 minutes). If you want something more central (but far from Camp Nou), check out hotels near Plaça Catalunya. It's also the best place for you son to showcase his skills (with the nearby Ramblas). I'm not sure if it's allowed though.

The academy/training ground is a little bit outside the city and you can't visit it.

Seats: Lateral (no roof) or tribuna (roof, but pricier), second tier for a good view. But you get a good view from everywhere. It looks bigger on tv than it really is.

A few things to do with a kid: Camp Nou tour, Montjuic Olympic park, Tibidabo (amusement park at the top of a mountain overlooking the city), Port Aventura (gigantic theme park south of the city), CosmoCaixa (science museum), Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Zoo, Monserrat monastery (great place to do some easy hiking, great views).

Mike

Accommodation: Doesn't really matter because the public transport system is very good. When I went, I stayed near the Barcelona Sants train station because it's easy to get to from the airport and it's possible to walk to stadium (about 20 minutes). If you want something more central (but far from Camp Nou), check out hotels near Plaça Catalunya. It's also the best place for you son to showcase his skills (with the nearby Ramblas). I'm not sure if it's allowed though.

The academy/training ground is a little bit outside the city and you can't visit it.

Seats: Lateral (no roof) or tribuna (roof, but pricier), second tier for a good view. But you get a good view from everywhere. It looks bigger on tv than it really is.

A few things to do with a kid: Camp Nou tour, Montjuic Olympic park, Tibidabo (amusement park at the top of a mountain overlooking the city), Port Aventura (gigantic theme park south of the city), CosmoCaixa (science museum), Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Zoo, Monserrat monastery (great place to do some easy hiking, great views).

Thank you JonM, that is great information. Were looking forward to going there soon. It will be nice to have a few things to do to fill the days. Cheers, Michael.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
And, frankly, it's a waste of time in a great cosmopolitan city to get a place near Camp Nou

Tomchin

I'd like to add 1 small thing to that: Port Vell -> They have an IMAX movie theatre there (one of the biggest in the world I think), and also a massive Aquarium (sp?). Maybe you could also visit Espanyol's stadium, but I wouldn't recommend to wear a Barca-top there ;)

Mike

I'd like to add 1 small thing to that: Port Vell -> They have an IMAX movie theatre there (one of the biggest in the world I think), and also a massive Aquarium (sp?). Maybe you could also visit Espanyol's stadium, but I wouldn't recommend to wear a Barca-top there ;)

Thank you Tomchin, been very busy so sorry for late reply. We actually were going to the Valencia game and bought our tickets over 250 Euros and flights etc on Saturday and the authorities in Dublin would not let us board our flight. We were going for a few days. So lost our money on the match tickets etc ... Too much to mention all because our Aer Line Aer Lingus changed the rules on passports that were still valid with a child on it without informing anyone in advance. They also charged us more money to reschedule the flights too. What they did not tell us is that we could have hot an emergency passport there and then for 80 euros so I had to return home with a very sad Son. I explained to the club via email prior to the game about what happened but they won't do any deal on another match or refund... I suppose they can't afford it! Anyway it's a bit of topic but thank you for all the info, it will great to visit these places. Thanks, Michael.

Home of Barca Fans