Transportation in Barcelona. Metro,bus,taxi..

frog-fcb

I have a question regarding the Supercopa game at the Camp Nou: The game starts at 22:00 on Monday 17th and from Monday until Friday, the Metro in Barcelona drives until 24:00. Has anyone some tips how I can return to my hotel (somwhere near Plaza Catalunya) if i don't chatch the last metro, or do they extend the times if there's a match during week. Everytime I was at the Camp Nou until now i went home by metro, so I would be grateful for any other tips ;)

Taxi it souldnt be overly expensive

arthompson1975

Hi. I am bringing the family (including youngish kids) to the Sevilla game on Wednesday 5th April. What is the easiest and safest way of getting back to Eixample after the game? I'd rather avoid crushed metros, even if it means waiting a bit after the game. I am used to watching the mighty Nottingham Forest and so we don't usually face these sorts of problems.....

dakt

Anyone have any suggestions or tips on car parking in Barcelona? Prices? Safety?
Me and my buddy are considering to travel either by the car or plane for CL game Barcelona vs. Olympiacos.

Galning

Anyone have any suggestions or tips on car parking in Barcelona? Prices? Safety?
Me and my buddy are considering to travel either by the car or plane for CL game Barcelona vs. Olympiacos.

There are A LOT of private parkings around the city. Prices vary a lot too. You could check some out which are close to the address you are staying at.

Alexda

What I would do is take the metro to the Camp Nou. And after the match you go get a beer at a bar nearby and after 30 minutes you head home by metro or bus again. They will be almost empty by then! :cheers:
And you had a beer! I would go the bars up on diagonal, right next to the Hotel princesa sofia and take the green line from there. (After I had the beer of course lol)

Nadsi77

I went to Barcelona to watch Barca v Deportivo on the 17th December. Barcelona has an excellent transport system. Use the Metro if you want to get anywhere fast, I preferred the tram, although the coverage isn’t as good as the Metro.

Pajonk8

How crowded is Collblanc station afrer the most important matches? How long does it take to board the train? I'm thinking about going to see the match against Atletico, however the match ends at around 6 PM, and my flight takes off at 9 PM... Normally it would perfectly doable to get from Camp Nou in less than one hour, and to be at the airport at the sufficient time, but I'm afraid of mass transit disruptions because of the crowds.

moreino

How crowded is Collblanc station afrer the most important matches? How long does it take to board the train? I'm thinking about going to see the match against Atletico, however the match ends at around 6 PM, and my flight takes off at 9 PM... Normally it would perfectly doable to get from Camp Nou in less than one hour, and to be at the airport at the sufficient time, but I'm afraid of mass transit disruptions because of the crowds.

My experiences are that metro (or any transport around the stadium) is chaotic after sold-out or near sold-out games. Huge crowd waiting at the stations and it the wagons, metros are delayed etc.

PhilS

Keep in mind that you can't bring luggage into Camp Nou. If I were you, I would do the trip with no luggage, take the metro from the game to the airport. The worst crowds are not going in the airport direction. I've take a cab from the airport to Camp Nou, it was not overly expensive.

Sweden

I was surprised that there were no taxis outside the arena after the game. Maybe we missed where they were. We thought we were clever leaving 10 minutes before the end but it backfired and we missed 2 goals and had to walk to Placa Espanya before we got one. :)

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I go pretty regularly and I keep tweaking my itinerary to maximize enjoyment & minimize the headaches - typically I now stay 2 nights for matches (Day before & day of match) and get AirBnB or hotel close to Camp Nou

Nashdu13

Hello
I’m in holiday in Port Aventura and I looking for a driver to go to the match tonight
Around 19.00 in Salou it will be perfect
I pay for the travel around 20€ to go and 20€ to return
You can join me by mail or phone +33 651121418
Thanks
Sacha

Home of Barca Fans