Transportation in Barcelona. Metro,bus,taxi..

Spector

Hi experts

For my trip to the Barca-Almeria fixture, I'm staying in a hotel just off La Ramblas, and plan to take the Paral-lel metro through to Maria Cristina. My questions are as follows-

1. Will there be any problems with using the metro on the night of a Barca game, when there's thousands others going too? It won't be full up, will it?

2. If, for example, the match kicks off at 10pm, I think I would be okay getting the metro at 8:30pm, just to be safe. But am I wrong? Should I leave earlier?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Post match it gets busy, you'll be wedged in but going there it will be fullish but not too bad. From Paral·lel it takes roughly 20 minutes ot get to Mª Cristina but I recommend using Les Corts (the stop before) or Palau Reial (the stop after) as they're better walks down to the ground in my humble opinion.

spursandbarca

maria cristina is easy though and he wont get lost if he takes the wrong turn out of les corts. all he has to do is walk along avenida diagonal and down the hill past the princessa sofia hotel. have fun getting in one after the game. if he walks it will probably take 45 minutes from camp nou to ramblas.

maz

I walk the line
Surely les corts is a very easy station. Go out the exit that says "travessera de les corts" and walk forward when u go up the stairs. It's impossible to miss the stadium!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It's easy to get a metro after the match, just head up the hill next to the covered 5 a side pitches to Palau Reial and you can sit down all the way back to Paral·lel.

MJ BarcaFan

Alternatively, Metro Collblanc (Blue Line) is a good option as upon getting off the metro coach you can see the FC Barcelona stadium exit from inside the Collblanc station on the way out then left to Carrer del Pintor Tapiro upon reaching Carrer del Cardenal Reig turning right, from there it's a short walk to Camp Nou... you can't miss it as the stadium pitch lights are so bright. This is well recommended if your seat is along Lateral (Carrer d'Aristides Maillol).

Spector

I'm okay regarding getting there, because I was at Camp Nou three weeks ago for the stadium tour. Maria Cristina was where I got off. My main concern was the fact so many others will be doing the same thing and whether that would actually be a hindrance- ie. delays on the metro- but judging from the posts, it doesn't look like it'll be a problem. I can't wait :flagvl8:

J

jpv808

Yes I know what you mean, I am going by myself in November and getting back to La Ramblas was my worry. Seems it's not a problem.

spursandbarca

worst comes to worst you take a taxi back and it will cost 15 euros max.

also ramblas is the worst place to stay. Those of us that have lived in Barcelona very rarely venture in that area

J

jpv808

Yes seems La Ramblas is not a good place to stay but I am near the top. I thought it would be wise to be close to the Metro and the bus stop for the airport as it is my first visit. But you live and learn.

Spector

I didn't think La Ramblas was all that bad. It's the side streets off it that are maybe a bit of a worry at night, though even then I never felt scared.

spursandbarca

keep your wallet in your front pocket or inside your jacket pocket. be aware of who is around you, dont fall for any stupid scam like someone spilling liquid on you to grab your wallet. ditto in port olimpico.

the restaurants in Ramblas are not the best in Barcelona either. honestly L' eixample, sarria, pedralbes areas are much nicer.

If you are not piss drunk and not wandering around el raval(bario xino) late at night shouldnt be a problem. I have never had a problem but there are always tourists reports of being pickpockted, beaten up in porto olmpico by immigrants, people being ripped off by taxi drivers etc. as in any major city just watch your back and dont act like a tourist.

Spector

Okay here's another question, regarding entry into the stadium. My ticket is in the lateral section. Can I walk round from the grandstand section to Lateral to get in? I'm planning to get off at Maria Cristina, because I know it best, and the first part of the stadium I see is the grandstand side.

Home of Barca Fans