Transportation in Barcelona. Metro,bus,taxi..

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Cheers thanks, anybody ever go to the Nou camp area directly from El Prat?

Can't help you directly since I haven't done it but a Taxi could be a possibility for you. Quickest way that will take you direct to where you want to go.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Also forgot to mention that when we went we tried to take the metro to our hotel which nearly turned into disaster and was not worth the money saved by not getting a taxi.

Tomchin

Yeah, taxi would be the easiest solution indeed. Keep in mind there're a lot of pickpockets on the metro too, so better if you can avoid that with all your luggage.

Barcadub

Cheers guys.

Trying to keep this trip as cheap as possible so it will be the bus first over a taxi.

I will keep you updated on my travels.

Catalan Fan

Cheers guys.

Trying to keep this trip as cheap as possible so it will be the bus first over a taxi.

I will keep you updated on my travels.

I always get a taxi from El Prat to Nou Camp, usually around midday on the saturday.Approx 20 mins and 25 euros.After my flight and early start from UK am keen to get there so don't bother fannying around with buses.

Always go straight to the stadium to collect tickets, taxi's are the easiest option.Then worry about hotel after that.Usually walk or metro to hotel once I've got my ticket.

BarçAjax8

Cheapest thing to do is to take the Bus (which I don't remember the name of but it's stop is right outside baggage claim) which runs from El Prat to Placa de Catalunya. The bus makes a few stops once in the city and you could get off at one of them near a Metro station or wait till the last stop at the Placa de Catalunya (at one end of La Rambla) and take the Metro. There are numerous stops around Camp Nou but you'll have to transfer to either Line 3 (Green) or Line 5 (Blue) which go around the stadium.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask the locals for some help and when in doubt follow the Barcelona jerseys lol

Barcadub

Soooo I got robbed of €41 for my fare from El Prat to the Nou Camp.

I didn't even see where the taxi Meter was, bastard.

Taxi was €25 with a proper taxi man from nou camp back to the airport.

Didn't bother with buses or the metro. Will get a shuttle bus for €9 each way when I return for the Ajax game.

The hostel will provide that.

BarçAjax8

Soooo I got robbed of €41 for my fare from El Prat to the Nou Camp.

I didn't even see where the taxi Meter was, bastard.

Taxi was €25 with a proper taxi man from nou camp back to the airport.

Didn't bother with buses or the metro. Will get a shuttle bus for €9 each way when I return for the Ajax game.

The hostel will provide that.

Taxi is never the way to go if you're trying to save money. It's better to give yourself a little extra time and take public transport. Barcelona has a phenomenal metro & bus system. Good thing you got a shuttle lined up for next time!

denisbence

Hopefully with any delays, I am landing on El Prat at 19:05 with only hand luggage. The match starts at 20:00.
My plan is going directly to the stadium to catch the kickoff or the first minutes of the match.

I was in bcn before, but I never used a taxi.
Does it matter which one I take?
Are all the same or are there different taxi providers?

Kerrybai

Don't know whet everyone else does but I just bought a T10 ticket ( 10 euro ) which gets you 10 trips on public transport... so back and forth from the airport to the city and 8 drunken metro rides. Amazing value for money.

Grego

I have a question. The last time I went to a Barca game on wednesday 22h, the metro didn't ride after 00h. Are there already solutions for these matches? Or is it still the same chaos to go to the centre of Barcelona. Because I come to the match against Atletico this wednesday.

Last edited:

jonlisboa

I have a question. The last time I went to a Barca game on wednesday 22h, the metro didn't ride after 00h. Are there already solutions for these matches? Or is it still the same chaos to go to the centre of Barcelona. Because I come to the match against Atletico this wednesday.

Yea the game is today and I still have no idea how I'm gonna get back home in carrer d'en grassot on the other side of the city after the match. Any info?

Home of Barca Fans