Transportation in Barcelona. Metro,bus,taxi..

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
When i was a kid i lived in Sants–Montjuïc

Poble Sec to be exact

o the good days

Hah, I used to live on the corner of Entença and Diputacío, thus going through Poble Sec was one of my routines week in week out

P.s. Sorry for the OT.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Been thinking of actually doing my master's in Barcelona. Might end up somewhere in that neighbourhood or alternatively in Poble Nou as I love that area.

Spector

Just a final follow up - I don't need any identification along with my ticket when going through the gate, do I?

maz

I walk the line
Don't think so. When i've been i didn't need identification but again i don't know what the official ruling is.

PaulFCB

Banned
I just found out the hotel I will stay in is close to a tube station that takes me close to Nou Camp!

BTW as a review:

Metro runs till midnight sharp?
Exactly what station on the L3 should I get off?
I remember when I was there at the game v. Bayern in 2006 nobody asked me for anything but the ticket but with Espanyol security might be a bit harsher seeing that last season at Montjuic they had a fight with the torches :D.

Tomba11

On a recent Monday night, the last metro from the stations near Camp Nou left at 1 am.
So you have one hour after the game has ended to chill if it is a late match.
My advice is to let the first two metrotrains fill up with the 1000s that are going home this way
and then take the third train at around 00.30-40, a train which will not be full.

I used the time to visit a pub, have a beer and watch the highlights of the match.

Last edited:

Spector

I just found out the hotel I will stay in is close to a tube station that takes me close to Nou Camp!

Exactly what station on the L3 should I get off?

I would definitely get off at Les Corts- most other people going to the game will get off there if the Almeria game is anything to go by.

Spector

Post match it gets busy, you'll be wedged in but going there it will be fullish but not too bad. From Paral·lel it takes roughly 20 minutes ot get to Mª Cristina but I recommend using Les Corts (the stop before)...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

X

Xavii

When I was in Barcelona, I stayed at a hotel near the Sagrada Familia.

I took the metro from her, and it was the Blue Line- nr 5. and I stopped at the Station; Collblanc. Collblanc is the most common station for Barca-fans I think.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It's not the most used but it does get a lot of traffic on matchday and is a decent option if you're staying near a metro station on L5

Tomba11

When I was in Barcelona, I stayed at a hotel near the Sagrada Familia.

I took the metro from her, and it was the Blue Line- nr 5. and I stopped at the Station; Collblanc. Collblanc is the most common station for Barca-fans I think.

It's perfect to stay somewhere in Eixample, like near Sagrada Familia.

The Metro goes directly to Camp Nou, it's beautiful... well most of central Barcelona is,
and you could stay away from las Ramblas during the late evenings if you don't live thereabout.

Last edited:

Evil

Shabazz
My hotel is somewhere between Plaza Universidad and Plaza Catalunya... Didn't check but I'm guessing there will be some metro station around there?

Home of Barca Fans