Transportation in Barcelona. Metro,bus,taxi..

QuickyLFC

Seen this question thrown around in here a bit but looking for updated info and all..

Getting a taxi from the airport to Sant Gervasi area, does anybody know how much it would cost roughly?

Also, I'm due to land in Barcelona at 13:40 and the game is at 16:00, hope there's no delays :(

Bucky

Penya Member
Get the train if you can, taxi's are quite pricey.

We got a taxi from Diagonal to the airport and it cost us approx €35. Considering the train is waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper when we go next I'll be looking into that. Assume it's your first time to Barcelona?

Best of luck, that is quite a tight schedule.

Bucky

Penya Member
Taxi is convenient for sure but still takes a while to get into the City. Sant Gervasi isn't too far away from the looks of things.

Up to you though, the train station is right next to the airport, if you can see what time they leave for the station in Les Corts I believe it is then you can jump on the metro at that stop. If you don't want to wait around taxi's are right outside.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Don't know how I missed this question so apologies for the late reply.

I've stayed in Sant Gervasi. My advice would be that if you have a tight schedule and haven't been before then it would be better to take a Taxi. We didn't and regretted it when we got completely lost (Catalunya is a complicated station for people that cant speak a word of Spanish :lol:).

As another tip I would suggest walking to/from Fontana if you have time . Its on the Green Line (with Les Cortes and the Airport) so gives better connections to the rest of the city rather than the Blue Line with Sant Gervasi on it.

Like I said, I've stayed in that area before so if you need anything else then either PM me or drop a question somewhere in this thread and I'll see if I can give you some of my 'insider knowledge' of that area. ;)

QuickyLFC

Don't know how I missed this question so apologies for the late reply.

I've stayed in Sant Gervasi. My advice would be that if you have a tight schedule and haven't been before then it would be better to take a Taxi. We didn't and regretted it when we got completely lost (Catalunya is a complicated station for people that cant speak a word of Spanish :lol:).

As another tip I would suggest walking to/from Fontana if you have time . Its on the Green Line (with Les Cortes and the Airport) so gives better connections to the rest of the city rather than the Blue Line with Sant Gervasi on it.

Like I said, I've stayed in that area before so if you need anything else then either PM me or drop a question somewhere in this thread and I'll see if I can give you some of my 'insider knowledge' of that area. ;)

Please do... haha

Bucky

Penya Member
Who are you travelling with?

Been thinking to try and travel with Vueling as they go from Birmingham as opposed to BA from London airports though BA do a good flight & hotel combo. So gutted I didn't bother booking to go to the game vs Almeria, Mrs played a proper guilt trip but would have only cost £192 return and a night stay =/

Can't wait until end of May though *fingers crossed*

QuickyLFC

Who are you travelling with?

Been thinking to try and travel with Vueling as they go from Birmingham as opposed to BA from London airports though BA do a good flight & hotel combo. So gutted I didn't bother booking to go to the game vs Almeria, Mrs played a proper guilt trip but would have only cost £192 return and a night stay =/

Can't wait until end of May though *fingers crossed*

Parents booked some flight & hotel combo

pacp_96

I stayed in the hotel just across the street. Fontana metro station is only 10-15 minutes walk away and provides more access than Sant Gervasi metro. We walked to the stadium (30-45 minute walk) but if you are time restricted you should probably get a taxi from the airport to Sant Gervasi and then metro (either from Fontana or Sant Gervasi).

If you look at a metro map you'll see what I mean. Catalunya station was packed and you have to walk quite a way to get between the lines. You probably even save time by going to Fontana instead.

Last edited:

QuickyLFC

I stayed in the hotel just across the street. Fontana metro station is only 10-15 minutes walk away and provides more access than Sant Gervasi metro. We walked to the stadium (30-45 minute walk) but if you are time restricted you should probably get a taxi from the airport to Sant Gervasi and then metro (either from Fontana or Sant Gervasi).

If you look at a metro map you'll see what I mean. Catalunya station was packed and you have to walk quite a way to get between the lines. You probably even save time by going to Fontana instead.

Well from the airport we're going to go to the Nou camp, drop me off for the game then they'll go off to the hotel, then I'll just walk to the hotel after!

Neimax

I have a question regarding the Supercopa game at the Camp Nou: The game starts at 22:00 on Monday 17th and from Monday until Friday, the Metro in Barcelona drives until 24:00. Has anyone some tips how I can return to my hotel (somwhere near Plaza Catalunya) if i don't chatch the last metro, or do they extend the times if there's a match during week. Everytime I was at the Camp Nou until now i went home by metro, so I would be grateful for any other tips ;)

pacp_96

Wouldn't surprise me if they extended the times of the metro for an hour. Pretty sure that's what they normally do in these instances.

Home of Barca Fans