FC Barcelona tickets: questions and info

Au7hier

From now on all seperate threads regarding ticket questions will be deleted. Have a question? Post it here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello BarcaForum. Big FCB Fan here! I am from Canada and my wife and I are travelling with some family from Switzerland to Barcelona in October. We are staying for 4 days and are looking to purchase 2 tickets to the FC Barcelona vs Racing de Santander on October 16, 2011 at Camp Nou. I have a few questions regarding purchasing the tickets. How soon am I able to purchase these tickets and are my chances of getting tickets to the game quite high or do I not stand a chance? We are looking to spend a maximum of 150 Euro/ticket so I am hoping we can get some decent seats to the game. Also, are the tickets available for printout, or do I need to get them sent to where we will be staying while in Barcelona? I have checked out a few sites that are supposed official ticket distributors, but not sure if I should stick to the main FCB site or if there are any trusted third party sites out there. If anyone is willing to help me out or can give me some info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Barcafan 2304

Servicaixa or Ticketmaster are fine mate, just need to read their rules regarding ticket collection (I personally use Servicaixa). This match will not be a sell out mate, you will get tickets easily enough. Tickets are not on sale at the moment but should be in the next two weeks id imagine, just look daily at the official Barcelona site or Servicaixa. Tickets can be printed if you can get them off the official site (though they were not accepting UK cards, don't know about American ones) but with Servicaixa, you can collect them from the ground (take the payment card and printed receipt) or one of the LaCaixa terminals (Thousands of them dotted around Barcelona, cannot fail to find one). Hope that helps

W

woobie

I use Ticketmaster - it's quite simple and just like ticketmaster in other countries. For Barca games, you can take your receipt into any FNAC store in Spain and they'll print the tickets for you. Kind of fun, actually. :) For the max amount you're willing to spend, you should be able to get quite good lateral tickets.

I'd wait until the tickets go on sale and then buy from servicaixa or ticketmaster. The ticket brokers will jack the prices up.

Au7hier

Sounds good. I will make sure to check the the websites daily as I want to make sure I get the best seats available. Which are the sections I should be looking to get? Also, which sections is the home side(not sure it's a good idea to sit on the visitor side)? I have never been before so any advice will help. BTW, I just purchased a David Villa Away 11/12 FCB jersey with the TV3 patch from the Official FC site. I'm getting set for this trip!

Barcafan 2304

Sounds good. I will make sure to check the the websites daily as I want to make sure I get the best seats available. Which are the sections I should be looking to get? Also, which sections is the home side(not sure it's a good idea to sit on the visitor side)? I have never been before so any advice will help. BTW, I just purchased a David Villa Away 11/12 FCB jersey with the TV3 patch from the Official FC site. I'm getting set for this trip!

Visitors usually only get a handful of tickets mate in the gods and they omit that little section from sales on the sites. You won't go wrong

W

woobie

I think stokebarca meant that visiting support usually only gets a handful of tickets waaaaaay up in the 3d ring (usually at one of the corners). If you avoid those areas, you should be safe.

Personally, if tickets are available (they should be) and the price is similar to what it was last year, I'd go for 1 lateral seats. Had a great seat behind the bench about 15 rows up for the Barca-Bilbao game. Paid somewhere around 90 euros.

Au7hier

Oh okay. I guess I didn't understand about visitors buying tickets. If I can pay less than what my Max is for good seats, that would be awesome. This probably will be my only game ill ever go to so I want to make sure its enjoyable.

Barcafan 2304

I think stokebarca meant that visiting support usually only gets a handful of tickets waaaaaay up in the 3d ring (usually at one of the corners). If you avoid those areas, you should be safe.

Personally, if tickets are available (they should be) and the price is similar to what it was last year, I'd go for 1 lateral seats. Had a great seat behind the bench about 15 rows up for the Barca-Bilbao game. Paid somewhere around 90 euros.

Yip, that is what i meant but also, when you buy online, there will be a shaded area where the visitors are sat which it is not possible to get a ticket for so its impossible to make the mistake of buying a ticket amongst the away support through official channels

Au7hier

Thanks for all the info. Do you guys have any suggestions as of places that are a MUST while in Barcelona? Most likely this will be my only time visiting and I will be there for 5 days to visit so I want to make sure I visit/do all the 'must see' things.

Ventus

I can't really help you on the ticket front, but I hope you have a great time! I lived there for 2 years, beautiful city, and the atmosphere at the stadium is unbelievable. Watch out for pickpockets though.

W

woobie

For touristy things:
1. do the Bus Turistic (big red doubledecker bus. two routes that both start at Plaza Catalunya. Takes you around the major sites in the city with commentary about each site. You can get on and off as many times as you like.) This will give you a good overview of the city so you can get an idea of things you'd like to go back to. Includes Camp Nou so you can go out and do the stadium tour on this.
2. Sagrada Familia. Gaudi church, still under construction.
3. Passeig de Gracia - big wide avenue, with fancy shops and more Gaudi architecture.
4. Boqueria market - I enjoyed it - it's a big food market with stalls selling all kinds of stuff. It's on the Ramblas, where the pickpocketing is at its worst so do be cautious.
5. Harbour tour - I enjoyed this too. Just go down the Ramblas to the water and there're a number of boats doing the harbor tour. It's pretty, a nice break, lasts an hour and a half or so.

The city tourist agency has an office on Plaza Catalunya (it's under ground, across from the Corte Ingles store. look for the signs). They run some fun little walking tours of the city (art tour, food tour, etc) that are inexpensive and give you a bit more of the history/culture.

Home of Barca Fans