Marco Verratti

vlad

PSG is failed project, i know its about money but still why such a world class would spend his best years in weak legaue like ligue 1, and i doubt he would get much less money in other top clubs

Neymessi

He is such an idiot. What in the world is he going to achieve at PSG. He is arguably the best midfielder of the coming generation and instead of making history he wants to waste his career there. Same goes with coutinhio.

Jallo

I hope we don't fall for it again when ever Verrati or any PSG players want a raise, they use Barca as a means to get the raise and we fall for it every time. The Barca media, Robert and every Cule. This guy will wind up getting a raise and saying he never wanted to leave. The players at PSG are not competitive, they have no winning mentality, they just love money (I do too). We dont need Verrati or Coutinho we need a good manager who is going to get the best out of the players we have first and foremost. We can spend all the money in the world, but born winners like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol are impossible to find period. Especially if they don't have good coaching.

fergus90

The best thing we can hope for is for Monaco not too sell too many of their best players, and win the league again, because then he's going to start to get disgruntled with the whole PSG project. I mean really PSG and Barca have had similar seasons apart from our incredible comeback against them. I know our midfield signings have been bad, but another season with a new coach could change all that. He is the perfect midfielder for Barca though.

mssarm

I'm starting to have doubts about Verratti. There's no doubt he is a gifted player, got the talent. But his character is a suspect. He must be afraid of spotlight or he thinks he is not that great and playing with bigger stars will expose him. Otherwise why would you stay in that shitty team when you have offers from greater teams. I really doubt that Barca would pay him less than PSG. Does he really think that Unai is going to win CL next year? Either that or he is really dumb.

Yannik

I'm starting to have doubts about Verratti. There's no doubt he is a gifted player, got the talent. But his character is a suspect. He must be afraid of spotlight or he thinks he is not that great and playing with bigger stars will expose him. Otherwise why would you stay in that shitty team when you have offers from greater teams. I really doubt that Barca would pay him less than PSG. Does he really think that Unai is going to win CL next year? Either that or he is really dumb.

Why did Zanetti never leave Inter?

Yannik

Inter wasn't oil money based team hiring mercenaries. There's a big difference.

And where exactly are you pulling off the assumption that Verratti really minds oil money based team hiring mercenaries when he willingly signed a contract for one in 2012?

mssarm

That's the question I was asking: why he wants to stay in oil money based team...and if you know the answer, please share.

Last edited:

Yannik

That's the question I was asking: why he wants to stay in oil money based team...

Because maybe that team just simply grew onto him and he therefor likes it more than Barca, Chelsea, or anyone else. Not absolutely everyone out there is actively selling their mums for silverware and paychecks. You are making it out to be as if there is no logical explanation for anyone to reject your beloved club other than that he must be borderline retarded, while there could also be more noble intentions behind it. We wouldn't know.

Last edited:

mssarm

Because maybe that team jsut simply grew onto him and he therefor likes it more than Barca, Chelsea, or anyone else. Not absolutely everyone out there is actually selling their mums for silverware and paychecks.

I don't think the paycheck is the factor here, because best case scenario Barca will match the pay , but I doubt they will pay him more. I don't get the idea anyways because at the end it's a job and he is an employee. It's like have a brain of Nobel Prize winning scientist and instead of going to work with greatest minds in your generation you decide to stay in venture capital based shitty company . It doesn't make sense to me.

Yannik

I don't think the paycheck is the factor here, because best case scenario Barca will match the pay, but I doubt they will pay him more.

high earner taxes matter.

I don't get the idea anyways because at the end it's a job and he is an employee. It's like have a brain of Nobel Prize winning scientist and instead of going to work with greatest minds in your generation you decide to stay in venture capital based shitty company . It doesn't make sense to me.

He's a human and as such can feel personal affection towards his environment. Not everyone prioritizes ambitions over status quo. I'm sure you were repeatedly praising Messi or Puyol s loyalty and commitment towards your club, yet you fail to understand how this same concept could work for another club that you are not emotionally attached to and that you dismiss because you see it just as an oil money based team. I mean, I don't know Verratti, I'm not claiming these actually are the reasons why he's staying there, I find it just staggering how some act so ignorant towards the possibility that he might just like it there.

mssarm

He's a human and as such can feel personal affection towards his environment. Not everyone prioritizes ambitions over status quo. I'm sure you were repeatedly praising Messi or Puyol s loyalty and commitment towards your club, yet you fail to understand how this same concept could work for another club that you are not emotionally attached to and that you dismiss because you see it just as an oil money based team. I mean, I don't know Verratti, I'm not claiming these actually are the reasons why he's staying there, I find it just staggering how some act so ignorant towards the possibility that he might just like it there.
a guy who plays competitive sport lacks ambition... thanks for confirming my initial idea.

Yannik

a guy who plays competitive sport lacks ambition... thanks for confirming my initial idea.

Your initial idea was quite literally that said guy who plays competitive sport must be dumb because he has his priorities set differently than yours.

Does he really think that Unai is going to win CL next year? Either that or he is really dumb.

Last edited:

Acer

Inter wasn't oil money based team hiring mercenaries. There's a big difference.

this was exatcly what Inter was in fact. But maybe you are to young to remeber.

i think most of footballers are mercenaries(such an idiotic definition).
I don't think Verratti is a mercenary to stay in the club where he grow up and where is loved is all the opposite of mercenary,
Neymar is much more mercenary than Verratti.
The same for Coutinho, i don't see the mercenary. Liverpool gave him confidence when no one wanted him and he wants to won with them. Is much more difficult and beautiful to win with Psg or Liverpool.

Coutinho: "I have a long contact with Liverpool. I don't want to be one of the many"

I admire this mentality, unfortunately Barca today has too many plastic fans, like Madrid and others big clubs, to understand this concept..

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans