Marco Verratti

Yannik

There is no way that there is no way verrati will come to barca. This is barca and players would shag their moms if that meant playing for us. We are on the best teams in the world and anyone with half a brain will choose barcelona over PSG.

Him and coutinhio would both be stupid to not leave their clubs and waste their peak ages.

You are making such a decision way simpler than it actually is. If a complete neutral was to decide between Barca and PSG, then we'd all agree that such a decision would go in Barcas favour. But Verratti isn't a neutral, he is PSG player that works in Paris since years and apparently he likes it a lot and maybe doesn't want to live or play anywhere else anymore, regardless of the prestige. The reasons for that could lie in literally anything, might not even be club related, maybe he's having the best time of his life with the friends he has there. It's possible that he already has anything in life that he could wish for, no reason to move then.

You are making such a decision way simpler than it actually is. If a complete neutral was to decide between Barca and PSG, then we'd all agree that such a decision would go in Barcas favour. But Verratti isn't a neutral, he is PSG player that works in Paris since years and apparently he likes it a lot and maybe doesn't want to live or play anywhere else anymore, regardless of the prestige. The reasons for that could lie in literally anything, might not even be club related, maybe he's having the best time of his life with the friends he has there. It's possible that he already has anything in life that he could wish for, no reason to move then.

No, it's quite clear that Verratti would like to move and I'd be very surprised if he renews again this summer. It's just that he is under contract for many years and PSG has no incentive to let him go until he's only got one year left under contract.

Yannik

No, it's quite clear that Verratti would like to move and I'd be very surprised if he renews again this summer. It's just that he is under contract for many years and PSG has no incentive to let him go until he's only got one year left under contract.

I don't see how it's quite clear when he literally extended mentioned contract to the max length just this season. That usually is a bit of indicative. I don't see any reason to assume anything else at this point unless something actual clear would've happened, but it didn't.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Do you remember a certain Thiago Silva?

Yeah the guy who stayed at PSG so he could feed his family. Not many exist with that mindset.

I am not saying he definitely wants to come here. All I am saying is there is no way that there is no way he wants to come here. He might not end up at barca but people here are like "forget him we aren't getting him in a million years" and that is what I am talking about.

I don't see how it's quite clear when he literally extended mentioned contract to the max length just this season. That usually is a bit of indicative. I don't see any reason to assume anything else at this point unless something actual clear would've happened, but it didn't.

Most or all your arguments revolve around "maybe verratti is perfectly satisfied in paris" and he isn t at all. Except Cavani under ibra, he is the most difficult player, his agent regularly runs his mouth anytime of the season, its beyond clear he wants cl titles. if matuidi leaves and isnt adequately replaced, he will also lose his midfield partners.

Windhook

It's not a good sign when player's agent is so much vocal about things. Yaya Toure's agent almost ruined his player's career at the beginning of this season.

Just like Yaya, Veratti is the only great player on contract with his agent.

Yannik

Most or all your arguments revolve around "maybe verratti is perfectly satisfied in paris" and he isn t at all. Except Cavani under ibra, he is the most difficult player, his agent regularly runs his mouth anytime of the season, its beyond clear he wants cl titles. if matuidi leaves and isnt adequately replaced, he will also lose his midfield partners.

You seem to value his agents words more than his own. Verratti is pleading loyalty on a monthly base, his agent already had to retreat from the comments about leaving, what does that say? He's no different to Lewandowskis agent, but that's just playing hard to get, it's not actually saying that he wants to leave or that he is unhappy. At this point there is no prove that Verratti wants to leave, so it's pointless to speculate that this might be the case.

You seem to value his agents words more than his own. Verratti is pleading loyalty on a monthly base, his agent already had to retreat from the comments about leaving, what does that say? He's no different to Lewandowskis agent, but that's just playing hard to get, it's not actually saying that he wants to leave or that he is unhappy. At this point there is no prove that Verratti wants to leave, so it's pointless to speculate that this might be the case.

The only time to speculate is without proof, it's kind of what speculating means.

Verratti is "pleading loyalty on a monthly basis" = Verratti has to curb his agent time and time again because PSG is pissed.

Lewa example is obviously moot as Bayern is as good as it gets.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Messi and Verratti coincided at Disneyland in Paris a few days after the comeback. According to the article they met at the hotel. Messi said "Veni boludo." Ok he didn't say that but... hopefully its a sign that their paths will cross.

SeloBarca

can they even communicate? i mean, messi doesnt speak english and verratti doesnt speak spanish.
if they dont have translators with them i guess.

Horatio

You're welcome
can they even communicate? i mean, messi doesnt speak english and verratti doesnt speak spanish.
if they dont have translators with them i guess.

Messi speaks English. Maybe very broken, but I am confident he knows more than he leads us to believe.

Home of Barca Fans