Marco Verratti

draconifire

There is no doubt Verrati is quality but Sadly as people said above here the ship has sailed.. the time to sign him has long passed he made his choice and now we should make ours.

Too much money has been spent already on 4 players (Demouz Coutinho Mina and Arthur) not sure where we would even find the funds to make this transfer maybe in two years if he is still available and Arthur doesn't turn out to be what we expected then this will be a good idea. But I don't see it happening this summer at all.

Also still can't believe that stupid red card he got against RM shows that he could be really hot headed at times and stupid something that doesn't fit our clubs demands at all.

Agreed with you about not going for Verratti anymorem, ship has sailed and we don't have any space for him at the moment.
Technically speaking we haven't spend much money from our yearly funds. The Coutinho and Dembele deal was done with the NeyNeys money we got. We had around 100mil to spend on the previous transfer window, and add more or less the same amount this year. Mina didn't cost us much, and neither did Authur as of yet.
We have sufficient monitory power to make this deal happen if we want.

aaron101

if iniesta leaves at the end of the season and he is available for a reasonable price and salary we should sign him especially as all our midfielders are over 30 years old and arthur will be coming mid season from brazil. need to sell denis, and gomes and all the trash in the squad. verratti can play as a cdm too, to rest busquets. it would make the midfield really competitive and a good way to solving a potential rebuild. paulinho should play as the strong workhorse sub player. he is good in that role only not as a starter player

You must be dreaming.

Ritchie

You'd have him over Gomes, Paulinho, Rakitic in midfield and he's still fairly young..

Busquets, Verratti and Coutinho would go a long way to sorting out midfield issues. That said I wouldn't pay Coutinho money for him or go into another long battle with PSG.

Givenchy

if theres any chance atall we should make a move. he'd make the step up at Barca and letting him goto Madrid would be another Kroos situation

George_Costanza

He can fuck off....Not this shit again. This thread should be buried 6 feet under.

7230%20-%20Big_Show%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20shovel%20sledge_hammer%20smackdown%20wwf.gif

HiddenAgonizingArcherfish-max-1mb.gif

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Agreed with you about not going for Verratti anymorem, ship has sailed and we don't have any space for him at the moment.
Technically speaking we haven't spend much money from our yearly funds. The Coutinho and Dembele deal was done with the NeyNeys money we got. We had around 100mil to spend on the previous transfer window, and add more or less the same amount this year. Mina didn't cost us much, and neither did Authur as of yet.
We have sufficient monitory power to make this deal happen if we want.
It's not at all true that Coutinho & Dembouz arrived completely on Neymar's transfer funds - firstly 160 + 105 is much greater thAn 220. And both of them being star players would have increased the wage bill as well! Not to mention the other players we had signed like Semedo, Mini and more importantly Paulinho who cost a bomb too! There's a reason why we have not yet renewed Umtiti's contract and are pushing it to the following financial year

FinBarcelonafan

It's not at all true that Coutinho & Dembouz arrived completely on Neymar's transfer funds - firstly 160 + 105 is much greater thAn 220. And both of them being star players would have increased the wage bill as well! Not to mention the other players we had signed like Semedo, Mini and more importantly Paulinho who cost a bomb too! There's a reason why we have not yet renewed Umtiti's contract and are pushing it to the following financial year

Add-ons. We basically used 220mil€, pay later add-ons. Neymar probably made way more money than Coutinho and Dembele combined(who knows how much exactly with his rat father..). We cut our wages.

Judoman

Everyone chases money, even 1 club players. I have no doubt he would come in the summer if it would be possible.
Regarding mentality...i said in other topic, it is the hardest thing to judge. CR looked like he has a problem
with big games few years ago, but in recent time he has been excellent in those. It s not just about individual mentality, it s also about team mentality. PSG obviously lacks that team wining spirit.

draconifire

I was mentioning the initial amount we have to pay for them, excluding the add-ons.

ASordidGod

I'd still happily take him. I'm not even convinced he was using us for the money, but rather got heavily persuaded, shall we say, into staying. Obviously Arthur has been bought with the controlling mid position in mind, but that's not for another year and even then he'll be unproven and arriving mid season. For me Verratti is exactly what we need. Obviously it depends on price, but if we (somehow) sold Dennis and Gomes (personally I'd sell Paulinho too) and promoted Alena as back up, for me that is a VAST improvment.

Xaviniesta

imagine a midfield of coutinho - busquets - veratti...holy fuck we'd go back to having the best midfield in europe again

Home of Barca Fans