Marco Verratti

KingLeo10

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1 - Marco Verratti ���� v Manchester United last night:<br><br>87 touches - highest tally of the game<br><br>75 passes / 39 in the opposite half - 1st<br><br>93.3% passing accuracy <br><br>4 fouls won - 1st<br><br>Key. <a href="https://t.co/22iDR94pqv">pic.twitter.com/22iDR94pqv</a></p>— OptaJean (@OptaJean) <a href="https://twitter.com/OptaJean/status/1095609613272125445?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marco Verratti won more fouls (4) than any other player on the pitch last night at Old Trafford.<br><br>Just one part of his midfield masterclass. <a href="https://t.co/37WbFCYbLr">pic.twitter.com/37WbFCYbLr</a></p>— Squawka Football (@Squawka) <a href="https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1095588383173140480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 13, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marco Verratti appreciation tweet<br><br>- 93% pass accuracy <br>- 87 touches<br>- 3 tackles <br>- 1 fantastic performance <a href="https://t.co/PyHefhduzW">pic.twitter.com/PyHefhduzW</a></p>— Marco Verratti (@A66aTee) <a href="https://twitter.com/A66aTee/status/1095446629631561729?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

where are my maps from the 1-3 game. :lol::lol::lol:

MTL_Barca

I thought he was also good vs ManUtd tho, he is just a quality player. Sadly he wastes his career in league 1.

Newcomer

That's why you don't sign with PSG or Re-sign. I know a lot of people hate Rabiot, but I think he is a smart man getting out of Qatar prison.

Neymar, Verratti locked for good.. Waste their careers.

Lol. Using Rabiot as an example now ? Nice joke.
The guy that can't even get into French national team with Nzonzi being in the squad or playing ? The Guy that has still not found a club to pay his salary + signing on fee bonus while a free agent ?
Rabiot should be an example of what not to do. He has a very bad reputation while he is actually quite professional. He is a bitch but he doesn't cause ruckus in training etc. Still, he has a worse reputation that some dickheads.

Newcomer

Psg making him look worse than he really is? Massive cunts.

Lol. It is not PSG. It is the way his mother/agent acts, their antics when they aren't given what they want.
For example, you'll have players that acts bad in training, are lazy, confronts the coach etc. Rabiot is professional on that side. However, with his big ego and his mother he is difficult. Can you see the nuance here ?
You can have another example with Icardi. With his wife being his agent, there is a lot of trouble to deal with them. Lot of antics etc. However, Icardi has not been blamed for not caring at training and other "football" related things.

Rabiot like Icardi is a guaranteed circus.

But i see some people like to through random insult whatever the story is even if it doesn't stick. PSG has managed to be an outlet to vent one's frustration. Haha.

Joan

Lol. It is not PSG. It is the way his mother/agent acts, their antics when they aren't given what they want.
For example, you'll have players that acts bad in training, are lazy, confronts the coach etc. Rabiot is professional on that side. However, with his big ego and his mother he is difficult. Can you see the nuance here ?
You can have another example with Icardi. With his wife being his agent, there is a lot of trouble to deal with them. Lot of antics etc. However, Icardi has not been blamed for not caring at training and other "football" related things.

Rabiot like Icardi is a guaranteed circus.

But i see some people like to through random insult whatever the story is even if it doesn't stick. PSG has managed to be an outlet to vent one's frustration. Haha.
A friendly advice: before you think a man's gone mad, vents his everyday frustrations on a piece of plastic, ask yourself this: 'is he (albeit poorly) joking?' There's also a well known principle in logic, ask your local barber.

Newcomer

He has just extend his prison contract until 2024.

Grande Marco, Grande prisoner.

Fabulous player.

Sad for little Marco who didn't manage to escape his prison. Poor guy... Guess the Qataris force him and Mino Raiola into a contract renewal.

Damn, he will maybe make his entire career at PSG bar his beginning in Pescara. Pretty crazy !

serghei

Sad for little Marco who didn't manage to escape his prison. Poor guy... Guess the Qataris force him and Mino Raiola into a contract renewal.

Damn, he will maybe make his entire career at PSG bar his beginning in Pescara. Pretty crazy !

His potential was more than PSG at some point. But if he is happy then everything is fine I guess. Nice player.

Newcomer

He is definitely enjoying the life in Paris on top of the club. It is true that he never improved in some areas like his shooting technique. He will never be the "complete" midfielder but he is damn good at what he does.

Newcomer

has won fuck all with you guys.

grande loser.

would take either of arthur or FDJ over this chain smoking midget.

:lol::lol:

How has he not won anything with us exactly ?
If not winning CL means winning fuck all, then there are not a lot of winners out there.

All that matters for us is that Verratti is one of our best players. On top of that, we have the satisfaction of having got him very young and inexperienced. He was not a ready made star yet. I mean, i like having Neymar, Mbappé, Di Maria, Thiago Silva and such but PSG has contributed less in their development and their fame (not really true for Mbappé as he had only debuted since 6 months) but we had to pay big bucks for them and had big expectations. Verratti feels like the gem you get from the mud.

Arthur and de Jong are surely top players too. There is a reason why PSG was close to sign the latter (they aknowledged his talent and potential). And there is also a reason why Barça wanted Verratti.

KingLeo10

How has he not won anything with us exactly ?
If not winning CL means winning fuck all, then there are not a lot of winners out there.

All that matters for us is that Verratti is one of our best players. On top of that, we have the satisfaction of having got him very young and inexperienced. He was not a ready made star yet. I mean, i like having Neymar, Mbappé, Di Maria, Thiago Silva and such but PSG has contributed less in their development and their fame (not really true for Mbappé as he had only debuted since 6 months) but we had to pay big bucks for them and had big expectations. Verratti feels like the gem you get from the mud.

Arthur and de Jong are surely top players too. There is a reason why PSG was close to sign the latter (they aknowledged his talent and potential). And there is also a reason why Barça wanted Verratti.

here's what you don't get about my replies to Lutece. There is ALWAYS an undercurrent of trying to belittle Barcelona or Barcelona - PSG relations in his posts.

Hence, the tone and nature of my replies.

You on the other hand are a level headed fan with objectivity about PSG. So, my response to you is that Verrati was indeed one of the top MFers from the 2013-2016 stretch. But his stock has faded for me because he never took it close to the Xavi, Iniesta, Modric level of sustained domination (high bar i know but that's what it takes to be remembered a legend) and in some ways has actually regressed. I think you would agree his physical conditioning isn't optimum or not as good as it was in that 13-16 stretch.

Newcomer

here's what you don't get about my replies to Lutece. There is ALWAYS an undercurrent of trying to belittle Barcelona or Barcelona - PSG relations in his posts.

Hence, the tone and nature of my replies.

You on the other hand are a level headed fan with objectivity about PSG. So, my response to you is that Verrati was indeed one of the top MFers from the 2013-2016 stretch. But his stock has faded for me because he never took it close to the Xavi, Iniesta, Modric level of sustained domination (high bar i know but that's what it takes to be remembered a legend) and in some ways has actually regressed. I think you would agree his physical conditioning isn't optimum or not as good as it was in that 13-16 stretch.

Yeah, i understand your tone then. It is true we had hoped that Verratti would be a legend of the game. He definitely had the potential. His back injury was a real problem all those years but he has done an interview recently sharing the fact he really fells great now. It was painful for him to train, play, live with that constant back injury but the surgery has apparently freed him.
He is still one of the best in the world at what he does but he doesn't have the offensive threat his counterparts have in their game. You know he will never shoot so you just have to block the pass lines. Also, i wonder if he is not offering less than he could due to the shit midfielders PSG has/used to have. The guy was basically the entire midfield.

Last game in CL, Bruges put a specific emphasis on pressing (even double pressing) Verratti. Since Marquinhos and Herrera are not that good (not top level), PSG midfield went to shit and PSG was dominated for like 60 minutes. It is only when Mbappé came on and offered runs in behind the defence and they got tired from their pressing that PSG got away with the game. I think that against a better team who can use a good pressing in the midfield PSG will struggle a lot again in CL.

[tw]1182315109621870593[/tw]
Ofc, there is the argument that this is in L1 but this graphs really show how important he is for PSG. He is the "core". You could even say that "Verratti having a bad game = PSG loss" and "Verratti having a good game = PSG win".

Home of Barca Fans