Marco Verratti

Raketa10

I FORGOT THE WORST PART FROM THE INTERVIEW!!! WE ARE SOOO FUCKED UP, THEY DON'T HAVE "PLAN B" AT ALL AND THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO NOW

So, Plan B?

Robert and Valverde are now thinking about other [options]. As of today, it’s been impossible, but the market is open until August 31.

Can you guarantee a star signing?

I can’t guarantee anything because it depends on the market and how negotiations go. As of today, though, PSG do not want to negotiate.

You said a player would come that would incite excitement. Have things changed?

Players that come will always excite me. The opinion of the socios and the media may be different. Two or three players will come, one will be promoted from Barça B and things continue to happen. The tour will be an important moment. All the players will go, as will some from Barça B and Valverde will choose who stay, who doesn't and who we loan.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Damn. This makes your blood boil. We are FC BARCELONA. NOT FUCKING WEST HAM UNITED. I'm not talking about Verratti, but good god we've suddenly gone to counting our B-team promotion as one of the "exciting" signings? This board needs to be shipped off and never heard from again. GTFO

Silas

The full quote from Di Campli:
"Barcelona targeted Verratti for a year or so. But the situation has become so toxic now, specially in France. Marco does not speak, you know, it’s usual for a player to keep quiet, while his agent deals with all. I am his agent. The amount of insult we are getting, from Twitter, T, Radio, news.. like ‘Traitor’, ‘Mercenary’ etc. which is very sad. I would like to highlight that we are not in any way ungrateful to PSG. We will always be grateful towards the club for what they have given us until now. You people think Marco does not respect his club and his contract. Of course he does, like anyone else. But wouldn’t you say an interest from a club like FC Barcelona is flattering for him? He is 24, a prime age, and he wants to build his future in Barcelona as for he knows, he is capable of becoming one of their best. PSG wants to build a champion team surrounding Verratti, finally capable of winning titles. But they say that every year. They want to buy players like Mbappe for up to €150 millions. But at the moment, you and I very well know, no player who wants to dream of winning Champions League, wants to join PSG. This club basically belongs to Qatar and it’s premier, Khalifa Hamad Al-Thani. They have unlimited resources. Not selling Verratti to a rival club like Barcelona, has become a matter of pride for them. You know what Nasser Al-Khelaifi told me? ‘Verratti has a contract until 2021, I would never sell him. I want to build team around him. If I end up selling him now, I play my place. They in Qatar would never forgive me.’ The PSG management has told me that selling Verratti to another club would be like selling Totti somewhere else from Roma. I will soon meet the director Henrique and Al-Khelaifi to tell them that Marco is strong enough to be unfazed by all the criticisms and rumors. He will also soon meet Unai Emery to see what are the plans, are we truly capable of winning, and let’s see where it goes.”

Interlop

what I got from that interview is that Verratti will not cause a fuss if he doesn't move. That's why we're not going to get him.

Messi983

He won't cause a fuss because he knows they won't let him leave not matter what he does.

I'm just happy we've given up on him soon and try to look for alternatives. I was really affraid we would chase him into August and then sign Parejo or someone like that.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Basically he is saying that he would like to stay if they bought players like Mbappe:facepalm:. This is not how you force the move. We should just forget about this guy.

Messi983

Basically he is saying that he would like to stay if they bought players like Mbappe:facepalm:. This is not how you force the move. We should just forget about this guy.

He's not saying that.

He couldn't be more clear about what Verratti wants but at the same time he knows they can't really do anything.

Last edited:

Neeraj

As ridiculous as PSG is, deep down, can't help but not feel sorry for Verratti since the greed that he and his agent showed last year signing such a ridiculous contract has come to bite them in the ass. I understand man is in general a greedy animal. But the greed that footballers routinely show is quite repulsive. Verratti knew the nature of the beast that is PSG last year while signing the contract; surely he didn't think it was going to be a breeze if he decided to leave..And if he truly felt he was in it for the long-run, then he's just a moron.

Gaudi

Sorry for him or not, his fault or not, doesn't matter - HE IS NOT COMING! Focus on other good players or will end up buying another Gomes last day of transfer deadline.

Home of Barca Fans