Marco Verratti

Butaan4barca

Based on what? Population is not everything. Brazil is a poor country so I'm pretty sure revenue is not much more.

poor enough to not buy shirts( i am sure nike addidas get the most out of it) but more shirt sales of a particular player leads to increased image rights ? ..just asking..? okay sure. But poor enough to purchase cable and tv to watch matches ?? I am sure you know how media works ? More people watching means more TRPs leading to high rates for ads > which rich companies pay a lot of money for.

And these channels do purchase media rights ??

YodaMaster

yeah ok it is funny, but it is true that Arda basicly lost us the title, you can't disagree with that. What I was trying to say was that we don't need Verratti to be a succesful treble winning team since we did it 2 years ago with almost the exact same lineup and we weren't far away from it last season either.

With all due respect you have to stop to always talk about 2 years ago. That was a special period of 5 months where the team overperformed because of different factors. It was the beginning of MSN, a once in a lifetime attacking trio and nobody knew how to play against them. Beside that we had a very motivated and solidary team, everybody worked hard. A lot of our players had (one of) their best season that year.

But most important: we had Xavi and Alvès. Rakitic isn't made for the style of football played at Barcelona. But he had a good run during those 5 months because of Alves ! People like you need to understand that Alves was one of our most important players over the last decade because he so special. He's so much more than just a right back. Rakitic did well because Alves did all his creative job for him. Rakitic was the less important player of the 11 that year. He was just pawn who was useful almost only in defending situation. Alves took care of all the creativity with Messi on the right side of our team. Plus we had Xavi who could come in and take full control of the game.

Now that Alves is gone, Rakitic is a fraud. Seriously how many good matches did he have during the last season ? 5 or less ! He played 3 years as a starter in the 11 and was good only half a year. We need to sell that dude and bring in Xavi-type midfielder to get the control of the game back cause we'll never find another Alves or even a similar player. Cause Alves is unique. Xavi is unique too but there is a young little genius who plays a bit like him and his name is Verratti.

BBZ8800

yeah ok it is funny, but it is true that Arda basicly lost us the title, you can't disagree with that. What I was trying to say was that we don't need Verratti to be a succesful treble winning team since we did it 2 years ago with almost the exact same lineup and we weren't far away from it last season either.

Never forget, at 1:0 a match ball for a title:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxeu1oFPItc

It's all Arda's fault.

hulinat

It's all Arda's fault.

Neymar's no perfect but its not like he missed an empty net right there. Keep in mind that it's mostly all thanks to Neymar we beat PSG in the 2nd leg when everyone else had already given up so give him a rest.
Arda on the other hand hasn't done jack shit. He's lazy and he even himself said that he doesn't like running lol. He made a completely unnecessary and idiotic tackle in the final minutes of the clasico 50 meters away from the goal when Marcelo even had his back against the goal. You cant justify that and the loss was on him.

CatalinR10

It's all Arda's fault.

it's one thing to fuck up when there's more than 30 mins left and it's another to fuck up in the dying minutes of the game. If we got equalized after neymar missed , we would have had like half an hour to get in front with a goal , when rm equalized cause of Arda's foul , we had no time to win. That's why he is at fault cause we didn't win.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
ridiculous fee? Then he is like saying no to Verratti's transfer and will likely have an impact on the player's performance next season. Verratti's spot in the national team for the WC is almost guaranteed regardless of how bad he plays next season. Only PSG will lose buying an adequate replacement for a player who doesn't want to stay and that might risk club's league and UCL challenge.

Exactly... But ask Nasser if he cares, the guy is deluded and will gladly take a hit as long as we don't sign him...

JamDav1982

it's one thing to fuck up when there's more than 30 mins left and it's another to fuck up in the dying minutes of the game. If we got equalized after neymar missed , we would have had like half an hour to get in front with a goal , when rm equalized cause of Arda's foul , we had no time to win. That's why he is at fault cause we didn't win.

It wasnt Ardas fault. He fucked up giving away that free kick but that doesnt put the whole game on him.

Neymar and Messi missed great chances and even Masch was wrong side of Ramos for the goal.

springfield

poor enough to not buy shirts( i am sure nike addidas get the most out of it) but more shirt sales of a particular player leads to increased image rights ? ..just asking..? okay sure. But poor enough to purchase cable and tv to watch matches ?? I am sure you know how media works ? More people watching means more TRPs leading to high rates for ads > which rich companies pay a lot of money for.

And these channels do purchase media rights ??

Income from ads is just for the TV broadcaster so I don't understand what you mean. La liga sells the TV rights for the matches to a broadcast company. And one player will not really have an effect on this... One player will not increase the media rights price.

Butaan4barca

Income from ads is just for the TV broadcaster so I don't understand what you mean. La liga sells the TV rights for the matches to a broadcast company. And one player will not really have an effect on this... One player will not increase the media rights price.

i might be wrong but doesn't it works like : more people watching leads to High TRPs during matches leads to expensive rates for commercials/ads > TV broadcaster gets paid for showing commercials during the matches. Since they get paid more they are able afford purchasing La liga rights. And then a club who is able to negotiate tv rights individually with the federation has these stats.

Yes a single player won't really have an impact but the clubs do know where is the bigger market. If brazil for instance has been historically a good source of income , purchasing a brazil player can be helpful in attracting higher TRPs, hence putting a club in better position to negotiate. (i.e if barca matches are watched the most in that area, and is leading to higher revenues, that would mean a bigger chunk of the the laliga tv rights will be given to barca). Isn't that what madrid & barca do ?

gasgas

What a stupid statement. Our success doesn't depend on 1 player, besides we were close really close to winning the treble last season. If it wasnt for Arda's fuck up in the Clasico and Lucho's moronic rotations in a Champions league qualifier, we could have made it to the final and also won La liga.

Yeah so many teams were close to wining the treble last season
Real Madrid (had they not messed up their CDR matches)
Juve (had they not lost the final)
Barca (had they not lost the league, and crash out at QFs)
Bayern (had the referee been better, had they not messed their match against Dortmund in the last minutes)
Atletico (had they been consistent, and not buckle to Madrid)

I can go on

Home of Barca Fans