Marco Verratti

Lutece FC

hhhhh what's this concept of Barca DNA for a player ?

In what it's different to the Real DNA for the same player ? For instance, does Lucas Modric have the Barca DNA ?

BarçaBarça

If he wanted to, he could play here now, but he keeps extending, so why bother? PSG won't let him leave before his contract end, and he has been persuaded by money many times before..

If he leaves or not is not up to him and his agent, that is for sure.

Silva signed in 2012 and extended in august 2013 (1 year until 2018) and december 2016 (2 years until 2020). I believe we were after him in the summer of 2013, when we ended up with Song, because we had no alternative and he ended up extending his 5 YEARS contract.

Verratti: Signs in 2012 until 2017 (5 year contact). Extends august 2013 until 2018. Extends September 2014 until 2019. Extends February 2016 until 2020. Extends August 2016 until 2021. But yeah, tell me about how much he wants to move.

There is a pretty convincing pattern with PSG, that their best players always extend or runs down their contracts if they want to leave without the club approving (like Zlatan). Marquinhos, Silva and Verratti has always been hopeless dreams.

Last edited:
hhhhh what's this concept of Barca DNA for a player ?

In what it's different to the Real DNA for the same player ? For instance, does Lucas Modric have the Barca DNA ?

Look at Verratti. That's barça DNA :lol:

Seriously, anyone's definition is game, it's not a concept. But Barcelona has a history of being a possession team with pretty specific characteristics (especially nowadays): extremely high line, attacking fullbacks, 3 man midfield, lots of short passes, etc. For me it's above all about playing efficiently, with the greatest amount of control that can be achieved. Verratti, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi all have that trait. They're ruthlessly efficient and only as flashy as they need to be.

Raketa10

I read somewhere that he has around 6m per year at PSG. That is not so much for a player of his caliber. Don't understand why he extended that contract again...

navidjaan

Very simple. His agent keeps getting giving stories to the press --> Verratti keeps getting new contracts with more money than the previous ones.

xXKonan

That sounds like wishful thinking on Bild's part well at least the price.

If he wanted to leave a lot of teams will be after him.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

I expect him to move in the summer. And bet we won't make any bids for him, sadly.

Yannik

The whole fundament to that Bayern rumour is that Ancelotti was his discoverer and mentor. That's the same card that the media was playing when that Thiago to City rumour was up. Just a lot of steam around nothing. Other elite clubs have repeatedly tried to sign him and failed in every transfer window. Apart from having Ancelotti Bayern isn't any closer than the others were.

Home of Barca Fans