Marco Verratti

LeeRomeno

Well since most people here aren't retired and don't have the luxury to dedicate all their free time to watching soccer probably the vast majority. I don't get how anyone has time to follow more than two teams seriously and since this is a barca forum thats one down already for most. I'd assume that the individual posters who comment on multiple other players threads don't watch all those teams full matches, they go by highlights, stats, and word of mouth.

Indeed

F

FlaFCB

Only move accepted by PSG would be Neymar + plenty of cash for Verratti... And not sure Nasser would accept.

The other way around, you mean? If Barça were to let Neymar leave for psg, Verratti plus cash could be accepted.

serghei

Only move accepted by PSG would be Neymar + plenty of cash for Verratti... And not sure Nasser would accept.

:lol: United was willing to pay Neymar's release clause of 180m euros not long ago. You could probably sell Neymar and buy 2 Verrattis and still have some change left to buy a decent LW.

Nasser has the right to be an idiot. 'Lucky' for him Barcelona will never offer Neymar for Verratti because that is insanely bad business for Barcelona.

For all I care, PSG's president can say Verratti costs 400m. Doesn't mean a club would actually pay that. And it's not as if Verratti is a key to anything. He's won nothing except some trophies in France. You act as if he's some sort of international superstar, like Neymar, when he isn't even close to that status.

Last edited:
You're contradicting yourself then. If Nasser only cares about cash why would he only accept a Neymar trade with additional dough on top ? Not that he would, Ney is one of the few players that PSG would swap verratti with.

gregorrin10

PSG would trade Verratti for Neymar without any cash, immediately. They'd probably be willing to throw some more money themselves.

Agreed. PSG would swap Neymar for Verratti in a heartbeat. We would probably even get 40 or 50M to go with it, if you think about it (Verratti worth about 100, while Neymar easily worth 150). Wouldn't be the worst idea actually, if you look at it long term. We could always get Coutinho for LW and we'd have similar quality and contribution there, probably even better in terms of not slowing our game down for no reason. While Verratti would be a massive upgrade and a definite future we could build with for our midfield. With Neymar and his father you just never know, when he'll do a 'Payet' because he won't be the highest paid player in the team or something else. Not to be hating on him, but he always looked more like a 'Galactico' to me, and playing in a city like Paris at some stage in his career would definitely suit that personality.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I want a player with ambition and brains - not a player who renews and stays at an oil mickey mouse team.

Last edited:

Yannik

Few people think that Barcelona will manage to get him.

I guess you are right, have noticed hopes dropping in the past few pages.
Thing is though, this thread has like a hundred+ pages already and the only time this usually occurs is when the forum gets a hard on on a player that they think is ultimatively linked to them or to use that awful term: player that has Barca DNA.
Then as soon as that player moves to another club, people assume the link is off the table and the thread begins to die out. Past examples are Gündogan and Pogba, current examples are Verratti, Donnarumma and Coutinho, Dybala also had a circlejerk going on but it died out lately because people realized that Madrid might actually be closer to him than Barca is.

I'd say let this thread die. He won't come. People might realize this but still have that inner hope going. Let off guys, I'm afraid you're in for a disappointment here.

Home of Barca Fans