Nextgen Series 2012-2013

K

Karnivore

He also scored two on his debut I think, one a 40 yard run.

He's going to be a special player. hopefully it's with us!

Lucas_1993

More a fan of Messi myself than Barcelona, don't like the arrogance they play with at times, and I hate how everyone else is trying to replicate them. I have massive respect for them though.

Anyway, we've consistently produced some pretty gifted players, Chalobah and McEachran the main two right now (Chalobah is going to be a superstar for club and country btw). Shame we badly mis-use them.

I just hope Boga doesn't go down the same road as Kakuta. Supremely talented but disgracefully mismanaged by the club.

Definitely, sad on Kakuta considering the troubles we went to sign him and the ban. He did have the potential to be an excellent player, was one of the best players I have seen in a youth cup before. Still has potential, albeit away from the club. Yeah Josh is a good one but needs to develop a bit more physically and maybe score a bit more. Chalobah totally agree with you.

You might want to join this forum if you have not already :) http://www.talkchelsea.net/

jamrock

Didn't have the players to play those little one twos down the middle to open them up, though enguene looked capable of it

Tonykross

Nando and Pol Calvet lacked ideas in the middle, when Eugene came in, it was much better,Ebwelle didn't see much of the ball to cause some damage.Adama was good, but he kept doing the same thing over and over.Samper and Bagnack were also good.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
My thoughts on the match:

We were a bit unlucky to not lead the game at half time, with Chelsea making two goal line clearances and us creating several chances. Then Chelsea scored after a poorly executed offside trap by Lucas at LB. Chelsea did superbly in the second half, defending very well (especially their LB) after going down to 10 just after the break when Chelsea's goalscorer made a horrendous tackle on Godswill.

As for the second half: lots and lots of possession and many crosses, especially from Adama who attacked throughout the game, but almost no chances created. The midfielders dwelled for too long on the ball meaning Chelsea had time to anticipate shots and passes and act accordingly. Ebwelle was one of our best players in the first half but was completely invisible in the second. When Maxi replaced him we created some more chances but both the strikers we fielded (Christian Herrera and Sanabria) failed to create any chances. Babunski didn't do that much when he joined but Enguene did decently. I'd have liked him to shoot a bit more, because he's got a good right foot. Then at the end Chelsea scored another, when Boga made it past Lucas and placed a great shot in the back of the net.

Some individual comments:

Ondoa: looked assured, did well throughout the game. Saving the first goal was impossible, and the second was very difficult too. Made no mistakes.

Godswill: Solid at the back, and went forward at times, although that isn't his strongest side. Had one of the better chances of the game but his shot was blocked.
Bagnack: OK game, but lost his head when Chelsea scored their second.
Lucas: Main culprit for the first goal, also didn't cover himself in glory for the second.
Samper: Showed good quality on the ball but not involved enough in the game.
Pol + Nando: Failed to influence the game enough, Quesada probably should have scored in the first half.
Ebwelle: Dangerous in the first half but often seems to have difficulties choosing what to do, also lacked consistency. Anonymous in the second.
Strikers: Mostly invisible.
Adama: Showed his great pace but was up against a good player who made his job difficult. Still had him beaten several times and could've gotten an assist or two. Ultimately lacked precision, both in his crosses and especially in his finishing, which was very poor.

Chelsea:
GK: Horrible, looked far from reliable. Made a couple of saves but made more mistakes. Should have been tested more.
LB: Great work, managed to block several crosses by Adama.
Boga: Showed some great touches and one of the best players on the pitch despite being by far the youngest. A great dribbler, made a good pass for the first goal and a superb finish for the second.
#9: Also showed good technique

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
2013-02-20_FCB_JUVENIL_A_-_CHELSEA_FC_017.v1361388020.jpg

How can you not love Godswill? Heart of a lion.

K

Karnivore

We didn't beat chelsea in 2009, we just got through on away goals.
2005 Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea though we lost on agg

2006 mate - at Stamford Bridge, 2-1. Eto'o scored. One of Mourinho's very few losses at the Bridge.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice rundown Deco, felt similarly although I thought Chelsea were far from great - it was merely more of the usual English tactics against a younger team who lacked a center forward to make them pay...Sandro was definitely missed

Liked the look of Enguene, first time I've seen him with Juvenil A

K

Karnivore

Nice rundown Deco, felt similarly although I thought Chelsea were far from great - it was merely more of the usual English tactics against a younger team who lacked a center forward to make them pay...Sandro was definitely missed

Liked the look of Enguene, first time I've seen him with Juvenil A

LOL!!!!!!

Behave yourself. We were clearly the better side. Result , like last night, was proof enough. The arrogance from Barcelona fans is just ridiculous.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Did you watch the game though? You had a great defensive performance in the second half, but despite playing well in the first half you were more than a bit fortunate to keep a clean sheet. Overall, as a team performance, you were far from "clearly the better side". You did well and the win was deserved but you make me wonder if you even watched the game.

Wouterinho

LOL!!!!!!

Behave yourself. We were clearly the better side. Result , like last night, was proof enough. The arrogance from Barcelona fans is just ridiculous.
Did you watch the game? Because that statement suggests otherwise. I'm not saying Barcelona was clearly the better side, but calling Chelsea 'clearly the better side' after that second half is just madness.

Also, calling Barcelona fans arrogant is a ridiculous thing to say. We just watch football in a different way. You probably consider every winning team as the better team and you're happy whenever Chelsea wins, no matter how they do it. That's different for most Barca fans, or at least for me. I actually watch football to enjoy myself, not just to watch a team win. I don't consider that arrogance, it's just a different way of looking at football.

Home of Barca Fans