Xavi: "I want to keep winning titles"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The mastermind of FC Barcelona midfield, Xavi Hernandez, has responded to comments by Mourinho regarding the Ballon d'Or, after the Portuguese coach said that Messi did not deserve the award this year: "We don't see football as anything other than competing on the pitch. We don't want any kind of war off the pitch", Xavi said.

2012-08-03_ENTRENO_63.v1343987241.JPG

"Mou's comments are logical – he wants the titles for one of his players. If you ask Del Bosque, he'll want it for Spanish players; and if you ask Tito, he'll favour a Barça player. That's quite normal", said the midfielder.

Regarding the recent change of manager at Barcelona, the player stated: "He's not a new coach. He's half new. We're going to fight for all the titles at stake. We have the Super Cup against Madrid now, which could be a morale booster. We're going to try and win them all, as hard as that may be".

The veteran insisted that he is in good shape, and therefore intends to keep fighting at the highest level: "I'm feeling good. I finished the Euros well and I'm having a good pre-season. I hope to keep the injuries at bay, but I’m feeling very good. I want to be important and keep winning titles. I'm not thinking about my age. I just want to keep playing my part".

Home of Barca Fans