Ancelotti admires Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Few paragraphs from Carlo Ancelotti's press conference on the eve of PSG's final friendly match of pre-season that sees Paris Saint-Germain take on FC Barcelona at the Parc des Princes.

ancelotti_psg_getty_630.jpg

"It's a very exciting match because we're up against the best team in the world with all of their stars. It's a very good test to see where we're up to in terms of our pre-season preparation. I'm very happy to be playing this match in Paris. I hope it will give a good image of our club. Last season we finished second in the championship and this year we want to finish first and be competitive in the Champions League. I think we can do it, but we will only find out once the competition starts."

"Obviously PSG cannot expect to be at the same level as FC Barcelona. What we like most about the Catalan side is their philosophy and mentality. It is obviously the right road to success, but it is a long road... We are trying to do what we can in our way, with our strengths, our qualities and we'll see where it takes us."

(psg.fr)

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Looking forward to the match, and I have to say that the team PSG can get on the pitch is now looking very, very good. Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pastore :worthy:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
yep, they finished 2nd in Ligue 1.

Speaking of, I read that a potential group for the group stage (based on the seedings) could be: Barca, City, PSG, Juve. That would be a real group of death...

I always love those groups where every game is full of tension and there are no 'weak' opponents. But then again, I'd do hate to see Barca get in that group you've just made there. Wow.

Home of Barca Fans