Barca Forum Hall of Fame

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I nominate my fellow Dutchman Philip Cocu. :worthy:
- He was an incredible midfielder
- Captain of PSV and Barcelona
- After returning to PSV he carried the team to several titles
- As an interim manager last months of the season 2011-2012, he won the Dutch Cup with PSV
- Lionel Messi only just overtook him as foreign player with most league apps for Barcelona(205)
- 700 games in his career, 140 goals. International apps: 101, 10 goals.

Cocu1.jpg

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I nominate my fellow Dutchman Philip Cocu. :worthy:
- He was an incredible midfielder
- Captain of PSV and Barcelona
- After returning to PSV he carried the team to several titles
- As an interim manager last months of the season 2011-2012, he won the Dutch Cup with PSV
- Lionel Messi only just overtook him as foreign player with most league apps for Barcelona(205)
- 700 games in his career, 140 goals. International apps: 101, 10 goals.

Cocu1.jpg

In. Because you provided a good argument for a relatively unspoken of player.

Tembbi

So no one approve of Jari Litmanen? Arguably the best game vision of all time. If there ever was a better passer in the history of football than Xavi,
Jari Litmanen is that person. His passes are stunning. He also always took the spot kick and never missed. His success rate is a pure 100%. He carried
Ajax to UCL 1995 victory scoring 6 goals as a midfielder. He is the only player in the world to have played an international in four different decades.

His biggest problem always were injuries. He has not played a full season without injuries since 1996, and he still played last season. Now I finally
believe he's about to retire. His time in Barcelona 1999-2001 was horrible. He only appeared in 21 matches due to injuries. His record apps after 1996
is 26 per season in Liverpool 01-02. Such a shame, one of the greatest target (10) players in the world and appeared only in 450 matches in his 25
years of professional football. So, on average 18 matches per season. Still scored 187 goals in those matches.

Some call Jari the world's first 3D vision player. Before getting the ball to his feet, he has already thought of three different possibilites to do with the ball,
and the outcome of those decisions.

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Actually, Jari Litmanen is still active as a player and thus should not be regarded as a classic player, right? Not trying to burst your bubble, just thinking about it after reading the comments you guys made. Epic player, that's for sure.

Tembbi

Actually, Jari Litmanen is still active as a player and thus should not be regarded as a classic player, right? Not trying to burst your bubble, just thinking about it after reading the comments you guys made. Epic player, that's for sure.

Well, he has been training with HJK this spring but has not been named to a single match nor is mentioned in the roster.

http://www.hjk.fi/joukkue/1

That's why I nominated him in the HoF. He might still play a game this season. Perhaps the last game of the season or something? Like a goodbye game.
I don't think Jari will ever officially announce his retirement though. But an active player... nah. I think he's with the club just to train. He's never had
anything else but football in his life. He'll probably pick up a coaching role in Finnish national team quite soon.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Azzido and Sergio, the time has come for you to argue for the inclusion of Sheva before Raed moves to Hierro (who just has to be included, tbh)

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Good news Raed, Ortega officially retired, so I nominate El Burrito

In. Because you provided a good argument for a relatively unspoken of player.

Cocu is so underrated by today's fans. Was my favorite of Barca's Dutch squad, a worthy inductee.

Home of Barca Fans