Barca Forum Hall of Fame

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Dunga. (can't believe he's still out of job)

Before we proceed, I need people to vote against him with compelling arguments to exclude him from the list.

Baichung Bhutia

...who?

We will get to Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Guardiola, Maldini, Sandor Kocsis and Nándor Hidegkuti once we crown (or not) Dunga as a hall of famer.

I think I would add Dunga to the hall of fame list based on his entire contribution to football and that includes his leadership duties which he fulfilled very well. Dunga's club career did not see him as an all time great, often moving to different clubs but his ability to command the respect of his players in the WC 1994 with the likes of Romario, and lead Brazil to the WC final in 1998, along with his two tournaments, Copa America and Confederations Cup he deserves a place in the hall of fame.

Anyone argues against Dunga?

X

xaviniesta

me! he turned brazil into a boring team, wheter as a player or as a manager.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I was too young to watch him play, but if we are to include Dunga based on what you wrote about him could include thousands of players.

Arguments in favour of including him:
- World Cup Medal
- 2 times member of World Cup Allstar teams
- J-Leagues most valuable player 1 time

Arguments against:
- Never played for one of the great clubs
- No real positive legacy (all I can go by since I've never seen him play)
- His name is dung with an "a" at the end

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
And he did not contribute much to football in terms of innovation and he, sort of, made me hate Brazil. Dunga is off the list, he is a Brazil all time hero but not the world's.

Onto Shevchenko.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
So, is Ortega retired yet?

Until Raed anwers, I nominate Salas.

Marcelo-Salas.jpg

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I thought Ortega was playing in Chile, no?

I'm actually not sure if he actually went there, I know he left Defensors de Belgrano but I can't find a legitimate source if he actually went to that Chilean club or not.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
From wiki "On 8 April 2012, Fox Sports Argentina journlist Juan José Buscalia, confirmed that Ortega would join Chilean Primera División club Unión San Felipe in June 2012."

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Schevchenko is more difficult, and once again I don't know enough of the player to make a great assessment. He's obviously an Ucrainian legend, and he's held in high regard in Milan, but he didn't perform at Chelsea and he's never won anything with Ucraine. It depends on what level you want to put the bar at... Henry, Eto'o, Villa, et al have more impressive strike rates.

He's got a Ballon D'Or to his name (even if I'd gone with Deco or Ronnie myself) and he's been a standout in the Champions League.

321 goals in 648 club appearances, 48 in 111 for Ucraine, 1 champions league medal, several league titles and a lot of top scorer awards.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't know if Shevchenko's few years at his best warrants him a spot among legends. His career span at its highest was pretty sure and all he won at Milan was in 1-2 years.

I veto the selection of Adnan Al Telyani.

Why? I won't remove him anyway.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
To be fair to him Mourinho didn't want him at Chelsea in the first place, so it'd be a little harsh to hold that against him, so awesome in the recent euro aswell.

I did post in the Ukraine thread, complete striker.

Tembbi

Oh come on...

View attachment 5857

Carried Ajax to UCL victory.
His international career ran from 1989 to 2010, making him the only footballer to play an International in four different decades.

Home of Barca Fans