David Ginola

Hatem Ben Arfa

ginola-newcastle.jpeg

World Class player! Deserves a thread on here. Barcelona wanted to sign him from Newcastle at one point; Keegan blocked the transfer, Ginola 'in a way hasn't forgiven him for that' because Keegan resigned as Newcastle manager not long afterwards.

Was fantastic for Newcastle and unfortunately for Newcastle even better for Tottenham leading him to winning Premier League player of the year. Newcastle should never have sold him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember Ginola as a great player. Don't know what was it but both him and Cantona had some beef with French NT, or vice-versa.
He barely played for France, that much I know. Such a shame.

Hatem Ben Arfa

I remember Ginola as a great player. Don't know what was it but both him and Cantona had some beef with French NT, or vice-versa.
He barely played for France, that much I know. Such a shame.

yeah he was fantastic, a very special player. Newcastle should never have sold him; I blame that idiot Kenny Dalglish who wouldn't know a good player even if he managed Barcelona. Dalglish destroyed a fantastic team that Keegan left behind, a team which was primed to win Premier League and more with fantastic attacking passing possession football.

I'm not sure about Cantona's beef with French NT but Ginola cost France qualification for the '94 world cup. France needed a draw in their last qualifying game to go to the '94 WC Finals, but in the last minute of the game, instead of wasting time by the corner flag to wait for the final whistle, Ginola put an overhit cross into the box. Bulgaria immediately counter-attacked, scored the winner meaning France failed to qualify. Ginola took a bashing from every corner in France for this and that is why he moved to Newcastle, to get out of France.

Zincubus

Banned
ginola-newcastle.jpeg

World Class player! Deserves a thread on here. Barcelona wanted to sign him from Newcastle at one point; Keegan blocked the transfer, Ginola 'in a way hasn't forgiven him for that' because Keegan resigned as Newcastle manager not long afterwards.

Was fantastic for Newcastle and unfortunately for Newcastle even better for Tottenham leading him to winning Premier League player of the year. Newcastle should never have sold him.

Wow , well done .... I was just going to start a new thread when I found this one .

David Ginola is doing a live 2 hour interview on TalkSport and he was nearly crying when he told the story about two moves to Barca being blocked by Newcastle .

Didn't know where to put this post sorry ....

Just listening to a live interview with David Ginola and he hit very emotional when he revealed the time he was ready to sign for Barcelona but Kevin Keegan blocked the move ..... , Keegan then walked away from the job three months later leaving Ginola feeling betrayed .
Barca went in for him again a few months later before Kenny D was installed as new manager but the board blocked the move again .

Home of Barca Fans